Scarlett Johansson to star in "GHOST IN THE SHELL"

REKT

Pro
Daps
No matter who's in the lead role, this movie will most likely flop. Still interested in it since I like the anime.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
:mjlol:

Lucy was wack...and anybody that actually thought it was a good movie has an extra chromosone
Don't matter if they are good or bad. These type of movies are getting green lit mainly because of her. She's been in 3 strange R-rated sci-fi flicks in the last year or so that no one probably thought could make any money but they getting made anyway and getting wide releases...

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Oh ok. Well is the coli going to have the same outrage about this as we did for the Exodus flick? Or the proposed Akira flick?

We already had a whitewashed Akira flick. It was called Chronicle.

And white washing? These Asians draw themselves as cacs in these animes anyways. :camby:

I explained this somewhere before but I can't find it, but this is bullshyt. It's a style, the predominant style, orginating from the first major 'official' anime Astro Boy (big eyes, small nose, bright colors), which was directly inspired by another cartoon with big eyed, bright colored characters, Donald Duck. And in case you really need another hint that the character aesthetics in anime aren't based on white people, there is not a person on this planet that has natural purple, green or blue hair. Think about that.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Scarlett should be getting more credit for these sci-fi roles she's been taking. Low key she's kinda revived the sci-fi genre...
1tn4ap.jpg

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Never saw Lucy but the trailer seemed like it was an American version of Elfen Lied. And I could give a fukk less about the "white washing" of a manga. It's a fukking fictional story. Blatantly ignoring the race of people that actually existed for no reason is much more egregious.