Scarlett Johansson to star in "GHOST IN THE SHELL"

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
Whites have a conniption when Elba is cast as Heimdall (and at the very rumor of him playing James Bond) but have found all manner of ways of defending this casting choice even back when it was just a rumor.

How curious. :mjpls:

Asians get jackshyt in Hollywood. Good thing they have their own movie industries where they can represent themselves (no one seems to notice that though).

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Whites have a conniption when Elba is cast as Heimdall (and at the very rumor of him playing James Bond) but have found all manner of ways of defending this casting choice even when it was just a rumor.

How curious. :mjpls:

Asians get jackshyt in Hollywood. Good thing they have their own movie industries where they can represent themselves (no one seems to notice that though).

Yeah I love her as an actress so it's cool she's going to get a good role and a franchise to carry but man the hypocrisy of this is mind-blowing but also predictable

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does the Asian contingent care? Should they care? Was there a big deal when M Night Shyamalan f u c k e d up ATLA? Are there no Asians that fit? Are there none interested? Are all of these question null and void because of the word "adaptation"? Are they going to stick to the script? Can't front like I'll watch. When it drops, I'll most likely go back and hit the anime in reverence.

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
Does the Asian contingent care? Should they care? Was there a big deal when M Night Shyamalan f u c k e d up ATLA? Are there no Asians that fit? Are there none interested? Are all of these question null and void because of the word "adaptation"? Are they going to stick to the script? Can't front like I'll watch. When it drops, I'll most likely go back and hit the anime in reverence.

I remember there was a huge protest/boycott over the Avatar flick, they were involved then. They boycotted Cloud Atlas because the film put non-Asian actors in Yellowface. They do seem to care about the whitewashing to some extent. But I think that they are more resigned about it as well (Asians don't really have serious problems with whites, quite the opposite, and certainly is not enough to make them stop watching movies with whites in them.) Either way, I won't shed a tear. As I stated, the Chinese/Japanese/Koreans/Filipinos/etc have their own film industries back home where 99.9 of the casts are Asians. If they have a problem with Hollywood, they can watch those movies.:yeshrug:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is one of my favorite sci fi flicks... it will probably be a dud. :sadcam: