SCARLET NEXUS (Official Thread)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I played it on hard mode so maybe that has something to do with my 1st impression.

Combat felt great, the enemies weren't hard or anything up until I got to the specials ones, eventually you have to make use of all your powers so combat shouldn't feel shallow until maybe once you are OP and can mash through it.

But having the right type to break armor and avoid or just hit an enemy was a pretty big deal, traveling was pretty standard but you also get abilities that let you get around to secrets areas and things like that. I'd say give it another shot on hard mode with the dude 1st.

Yeah, it def wasn’t “button mashy” it felt more like Rock Paper Scissors style fighting like Ghost of Tsushima. Every enemy has a weakness you have to exploit before you can do damage and you have to actively strategize with your team mates to get through it.

Ideal for me. I just hope the story can stay captivating.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I like anime but with these things they can go either way. It can be like 13 sentinels or Nier and constantly ramp up until the very end, or it can be like code vein where it just continues to get stupid

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always expect jrpg's to jrpg they always get convoluted and dumb imo. The only one that never did to me was chrono trigger... but it definitely got really really close to it....and then chrono cross came out lol.

But yeah it's a jrpg anime game... I expect the story to be good then go left field.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah after beating Kasane's part in the demo p much sealed the deal, I'm getting this day one. Was worried she wouldn't be as fun as first but goddamn when they showed the SAS powers she had :damn:

Goddamn it really is fun with the dualsense :wow:

I like the dude a bit more but yeah, its really fun and teh dual sense adds a lot to it.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like anime but with these things they can go either way. It can be like 13 sentinels or Nier and constantly ramp up until the very end, or it can be like code vein where it just continues to get stupid

Let me jump into the middle of this conversation and say Nier/13 Sentinels have better stories than any western game.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is something off-putting about the graphic style or camera or something but it gives me a headache.

Combat seemed really cool but story seemed like absolute trash. Will get it on sale to support JRPGs.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There is something off-putting about the graphic style or camera or something but it gives me a headache.

Combat seemed really cool but story seemed like absolute trash. Will get it on sale to support JRPGs.

I do think maybe the camera speed or motion blur or something is kind of annoying. Thats def gonna be something i have to play with when the full game comes out

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

yeah, there's some weird shyt going on with the camera but it was definitely fun