SCARLET NEXUS (Official Thread)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Whoever said that needs to be smacked the fukk up. @Gizmo_Duck, you were the one that made some sort of Persona 5 Strikers comparison, didn't you, fool?

If anything, that would be a totally ass backwards standpoint.

@iceberg_is_on_fire fool, keep playing, fool.

structurally it’s the same, if anything strikers had more variation in mission variety and side quest

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Your post is structurally wrong as fukk.

In the mission you go to arena to arena, fight mobs, get an exposition dump before you fight the boss, kill boss, another exposition dump, go back to HQ now you get to do bonding quest and other activities (that is really just more of what you just did ) buy and equip gear, and then go back to the mission.

I mean, how is it really different? I’m not even saying that as a negative thing, but I couldn’t help but see the similarities in how they play. The main difference is the combat

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just finished my first playthrough as Yuito. Let me make sure I got this straight..

So the villain's reason for wanting to reset the entire timeline is that his fiance died, and he can't get over it? Obito Uchiha ass nikka :hhh:

And in the end he gets his way :dead:

My overall thoughts on the game -

The biggest strength of the game is it's combat IMO. Switching between powers took a while to get used to but once I did it was a fun dynamic. The battles in this game are really good IMO. I'm playing the PS4 version but I thought the graphics were good too.

The story...was kind of mid. The first half kind of doesn't make much sense because nobody tells the main character anything, so it's just a bunch of factions turning on and attacking each other for dubious reasons. The second half of the story goes all over the place and at times it just felt like a bunch of random shyt happening. One minute you're on a police force that kills monsters, then all of a sudden they're talking about people on the moon. :dead:

Doesn't help that Yuito is very bland and generic, and they throw so many characters at you it's hard to keep track of who everybody is at first. I've heard the story is better and makes more sense with Kasane, not sure if that's true but I guess I'll find out on the New Game+.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I do feel this is the kind of game that would greatly benefit from some mini-games,set-pieces, puzzles, and platforming that ut3lize the mechanics and themes of the game. I feel like strikers the combat kind of carries the entire game on its back.

like, it’s be cool if there was a highway chase scene where you’re on the top of cars and busses and using yuito power to clear debris and cars and and using them hit flying enmies.
While you command your team mates to clear other obstacles.

‘Some over the top anime stuff is always fun.

And I’m not suggesting detective powers or scenes but maybe some kind of tracking mechanic that lets you discover alternate routes and secrets.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just finished my first playthrough as Yuito. Let me make sure I got this straight..

So the villain's reason for wanting to reset the entire timeline is that his fiance died, and he can't get over it? Obito Uchiha ass nikka :hhh:

The biggest strength of the game is it's combat IMO. Switching between powers took a while to get used to but once I did it was a fun dynamic. The battles in this game are really good IMO. I'm playing the PS4 version but I thought the graphics were good too.

The story...was kind of mid. The first half kind of doesn't make much sense because nobody tells the main character anything, so it's just a bunch of factions turning on and attacking each other for dubious reasons. The second half of the story goes all over the place and at times it just felt like a bunch of random shyt happening. One minute you're on a police force that kills monsters, then all of a sudden they're talking about people on the moon. :dead:

Doesn't help that Yuito is very bland and generic, and they throw so many characters at you it's hard to keep track of who everybody is at first. I've heard the story is better and makes more sense with Kasane, not sure if that's true but I guess I'll find out on the New Game+.

Is actually Fubuki's fiance, not Karen's.

And yeah, the layout in the story is a lil bonkers, but I enjoyed enough within Yuito's playthrough, but am liking the overall story even more now seeing most of Kasane's POV. I'm on Phase 8 with her and it combined with Yuito's half makes the story a lot more sensible overall, from character motivations and overall plot. It's still not the greatest ever or anything, in story-telling or just as a plot altogether, but it's more that serviceable and enjoy imo.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
why do yal like puzzles in action games? just say you don't like action games :dead: nobody reminisces about the puzzles of god of war titles or the platforming sections in any action game. there's maybe three dungeons in this entire game that require you to think about how to proceed - the rest of the problem solving is all in the bosses. but the game is so easy (for some of us at least) that you can just brute force the bosses without ever starting that problem solving process.

but instead of that most of the thread is about how to give out the most pillow cases :mjlol: im not trying to throw shots but most of the people here playing this game never treated this like an action game to begin with. its not a shock that its throwing some of you off.
Gizmo feels it's similar to Strikers because it has the "gameplay loop" that 90% of jrpgs have.:shaq2:
I mean, its actually kinda on brand at this point

same dude compared assassin's creed valhalla's combat to ghost of tsushima's

and the gameplay loop isn't like most jrpgs because damn near everything that lines up with JRPG stuff is all optional. you don't need to talk to anyone in these cities. you bottlenecked by sidequest progress. shyt, you can beat the game without ever equipping a single piece of equipment on yourself or even arrange your party. you gotta manage you own skill points but that's really about it.

the JRPG stuff is well done - but its clearly tacked onto action game :unimpressed: but people treating it like its the core game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
why do yal like puzzles in action games? just say you don't like action games :dead: nobody reminisces about the puzzles of god of war titles or the platforming sections in any action game. there's maybe three dungeons in this entire game that require you to think about how to proceed - the rest of the problem solving is all in the bosses. but the game is so easy (for some of us at least) that you can just brute force the bosses without ever starting that problem solving process.

but instead of that most of the thread is about how to give out the most pillow cases :mjlol: im not trying to throw shots but most of the people here playing this game never treated this like an action game to begin with. its not a shock that its throwing some of you off.

I mean, its actually kinda on brand at this point

same dude compared assassin's creed valhalla's combat to ghost of tsushima's

and the gameplay loop isn't like most jrpgs because damn near everything that lines up with JRPG stuff is all optional. you don't need to talk to anyone in these cities. you bottlenecked by sidequest progress. shyt, you can beat the game without ever equipping a single piece of equipment on yourself or even arrange your party. you gotta manage you own skill points but that's really about it.

the JRPG stuff is well done - but its clearly tacked onto action game :unimpressed: but people treating it like its the core game.

puzzles and mini games can be good to break up monotony. Same with throwing in some hype set pieces

not really sure what else y’all are talking about

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I just wanted Naomi back.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
puzzles and mini games can be good to break up monotony. Same with throwing in some hype set pieces

not really sure what else y’all are talking about

the entire jrpg layer of this game is what breaks it up. but its so well done its legit got people thinking its the core of the game :unimpressed:

and the main monotony people get stuck dealing with in any quality action game is from the lack of creativity put to use with the tools given. now i 100% understand why the developers got on twitter and started putting out "this is how you play the game" clips.