SCARLET NEXUS (Official Thread)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Box art looked dope, then I saw the gameplay :francis:

Try the demo, it’s actually fun switching between powers. Hell the demo doesn’t even show everything you will be able to do, I didn’t even know you could switch weapons but recently found that out.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Anime was cool, feel like it is more of an intro than anything.
I'm thinking the anime is going to be the game's plot over a 12 episode series. There's not a lot of info about it but that's just my guess. If It is I probably won't watch it as I plan to play the game. Maybe after.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Looking like mid-high 70’s

God is a Geek (9.5/10):
Scarlet Nexus has some of the finest combat I’ve ever had the pleasure of experiencing. It never gets old, with new mechanics added throughout. Your party is your family. You’ll care greatly for each person, and even if some of the Bond Episodes start to feel a bit repetitive, the overall journey is enjoyable. It’s such a gorgeous game, with hints of Blade Runner scattered throughout. Magnificent gameplay, a deep story with plenty of threads, warming characters, and a satisfying end that climaxes in one of the most intense boss battles I’ve ever seen. Scarlet Nexus really is the complete package.

Game Informer (8.75/10):
Whatever brainpunk’s take on over-the-top psychic reality is, I’m into it now. Bandai Namco has crafted something truly strange and quite satisfying with Scarlet Nexus, and I hope we get a slightly more refined sequel.

Wccftech (8.5/10):
With masterfully crafted action combat, charming characters, and a very interesting setting, Scarlet Nexus is a game that action RPG fans should definitely not miss. While the game lacks any real innovation, as it features themes and mechanics lifted from other Japanese RPG series, and it is a little too linear, the high quality of the experience makes it easy to look past these few issues, making Scarlet Nexus a memorable, and extremely enjoyable game.

TheSixthAxis (8/10):
From its compelling story, to its wild enemy designs and combat, I'm kind of in awe of Scarlet Nexus. Where Bandai Namco games often have a niche appeal, I've got no reservations about recommending Scarlet Nexus. I'd definitely suggest skipping a lot of the side stories, but everything else here is the kind of anime-infused greatness that will appeal to nearly everyone.

NME (4/5):
Scarlet Nexus takes a more is more approach to its design, which suits the game’s visuals and action very well. It’s loud, sumptuous and thrilling, with layers of complexity and some amazing monsters to fight. It’s just a shame it also has to battle so hard against a less accomplished story that’s desperate to steal top billing.

Press Start (7.5/10):
Despite some glaring flaws in its pacing and length, I’ve come away from Scarlet Nexus enjoying what it had to offer. It delivers on the promise a brain-punk inspired world with an enjoyable narrative and a stylish albeit simple combat system. The result is a title that’s greater than the sum of its parts and is worth experiencing if you can look past its problems.

Cultured Vultures (7.5/10):
While there are gameplay hiccups and under-utilized systems, Scarlet Nexus has enough exciting combat and brain-twisting story to find its audience, and deliver major fun for those who enjoy its acquired taste.

GamesRadar (3.5/5):
Scarlet Nexus has some great fun to offer through its experimental and varied combat system, and there’s a deluge of skills, attacks, and counters to mish-mash against one another for increasingly satisfying results. What ultimately lets Bandai Namco’s action game down is outside of the action itself, where side characters never amount to memorable, enjoyable companions, and a side quest structure that feels more primed to provide the player with character-boosting XP than tales that capitalize on the intriguing glowing city surrounding them. Scarlet Nexus casts its eye over plenty of intriguing subjects in its plot, but it never lingers on one area long enough to properly analyze and break down the tough subject matter.

GameSpew (7/10):
Offering a lengthy adventure that you’ll need to play through twice if you want the full picture, Scarlet Nexus is entertaining enough. Due to numerous issues with its gameplay, however, it’s a game that’s carried by its story. It’s a shame really, because the world created here is genuinely interesting and unique; I’d certainly like to see more Scarlet Nexus games in the future, and will definitely check out the anime when it arrives on Netflix. But there were times throughout my adventure where the combat was irritating rather than fun, and traipsing through an environment just felt like a chore rather than an exciting foray into the unknown.

TheGamer (3.5/5):
If you’re after an anime-infused action romp in a similar vein to Akira or Sword Art Online, Scarlet Nexus is almost certainly worth a punt. However, there are a few caveats. Combat is excellent yet not without its flaws, while the story being told and characters you encounter don’t have nearly enough depth to feel emotionally resonant. The potential for something brilliant is here, but much like Code Vein before it, this is a game that seems determined to stop itself from achieving something truly special.

VG247 (3/5):
If you like the sound of a deep RPG with extensive combat mechanics, Scarlet Nexus shouldn’t disappoint. If you are expecting something more akin to Devil May Cry, you might find the extensive storytelling gets in the way of the gameplay a little too much. With that said, you can still enjoy it if you’re not an anime connoisseur. There’s plenty of fun to be had for all players because it’s great once it gets going – but I fear it might lose people in its opening few hours.

Stevivor (6/10):
I mentioned Code Vein, Bayonetta and Persona at the beginning of this review and I’m also aware how different those three properties are. Scarlet Nexus isn’t for me, but those who like the frenzy of Bayonetta, the quirkiness of Persona or the aesthetic of Code Vein (but not its Soulslike component) could find something that clicks. Thankfully, a demo is available on Xbox and PlayStation consoles, last- and current-gen. Give it a try before you buy… and if you do decide to pull the trigger, you’ll also benefit from some in-game bonus items as a reward for your test.

Dexerto (6/10):​
Scarlet Nexus is an action role-playing game that heavily focuses on style over substance. While its flashy combat and unique Brain Punk setting may help it stand out among other games of its ilk, Bandai Namco’s latest title falls short in a number of ways. However, if you’re you’re willing to put up with its familiar anime tropes, bland environments, and overly simplistic combat, then there is some fun to be had.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think this is enough for a cop. I need something to play on the 5. Been playing all the multiplats on PC.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
“Filled to the brim with visual novel conversations and over-the-top action, Scarlet Nexus is a surprisingly endearing game that might be more linear than people expect, but more compelling than it probably needed to be.“

I was hoping the visual novel/comic panel conversations wouldn’t be over abundant. Thats what I hated about gravity rush.

For a game so anime influenced I’d rather see well put together cutscenes and set pieces