SBNation: Meet the Bag Man of the $EC

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
he names names and he burns every bridge he has in the south. no one with any sense would talk to him
shyt it might even go further than that. Look who he's writing for. SBNation isn't some media powerhouse, they have bills to pay. A story like this brings alot of hits to their site. And if they want to keep getting inside info and whatever else to pay the bills then they'll play along

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Godfrey is an Ole Miss alum. No way in hell a Miss State or a western division foe booster/bagman gonna be talking to him:comeon:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
That's why it's different in the SEC. Maybe that's why we're able to be more active in what we do. Because no one ever looks at the car or the jewelry and says, 'How did you get that, poor football player?' They say, 'How did they get you that and not get caught, poor football player?'"

so fukkin true. especially that last sentence.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't think that this article was talking about UF, UGA, UT, Bama, LSU, Vandy, UK, or South Carolina.

Do I think it happens at those schools? Undoubtedly. It happens EVERYWHERE. The article itself isn't talking about those schools though, in my opinion.

I could see Ole Miss, Auburn, Mississippi State, maybe Arkansas, MAYBE A&M, but like you I don't think it's TAMU.

This guy has been working in SEC sports media for a few years, he has his closest ties in MS. Also, he probably doesn't know enough people in TAMU or Mizzou yet to have that kind of access or connection.
Could've easily been one of the MS or AL schools due to settings in the article. We KNOW Bama players are getting paid, even as recently as last year.

There's bidding war every year in AL. Nothing new.

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah not Florida. Muschamp wouldn't play that shyt.
:comeon:

GAINESVILLE -- A story exposing potential academic fraud, NCAA violations and racial harassment in the Auburn football program includes an allegation that Florida coach Will Muschamp paid a player when he was the team's defensive coordinator in 2007.

Former Auburn safety Mike McNeil told the website roopstigo.com that Muschamp unexpectedly gave him $400 after practice one day. Muschamp, through a UF spokesperson, denied any of it, and Auburn declined to comment.

"I had no clue what it was about because I'd never directly asked him for anything," McNeil told the website. "He slid about $400 over to me. He went into a drawer and gave me money and said, 'Is this enough? Is this good?' And I said, 'Yeah, I'm good.' "

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
The writer speaks

"100% of five star players in the south are paid
80% of 4 star players in the south are paid"

The entire conference should be banned :sitdown:

SMH this is ridiculous how these hicks are allowed to get away with this shyt while everyone else "falls off".

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Please brehs....too call out any school as if it doesn't happen all over the place is foolish. Every school has had a player get paid and not caught......A lot of times it's agents giving money because they think they'll get it back.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Just because you guys are the king of cheating doesn't mean you have to run our name through the mud.
Did yall not have a coach get fired last season for paying a player or nah?

As I was saying, excluding Bama from any list of schools that bends recruiting rules is laughable at best.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
breh, c'mon, Muschamp just comes across as a shady dude....but you think Sumlin is paying down in college station?
I don't Muschamp would cheat at Florida. From all SEC schools, Florida seems the most reputable.

A&M is in a shiity ass redneck town yet the last two recruiting cycles, I've seen sooo many over the top glowing comments from recruits visiting that place, there has to be something going down. RSJ's loved UT, their parents loved UT...then they went to aggy and everything changed on the drop of a dime. It was crazy following his recruitment b/c everything was perfect then UT decided to stop recruiting him and pulled the schollie. Learned later he had some shady people enter his circle and were making demands. Then later his pops comes out and says one SEC school offered him a 100k. You expect me to believe he went to A&M for free after somebody else offered 100K? What about Speedy Noil. One of the top receivers to ever come out of the southeast, dude came from humble beginnings, I'm sure he was receiving top dollar offers from all SEC schools.....you expect me to believe he all of sudden turned his back on LSU/Bama to go to A&M for free. Nah breh...A&M is desperate to keep this current attention on them and desperate to get out of UT's shadow. They've cheated in the past and they're doing it again.