Say something positive about an awful movie

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
At least once a month since I started the Batman v Superman thread last year there is someone who comes in it specifically to start complaining about Man of Steel.
We all get it...you wanted Superman to smile more, save cats in trees and drag the fight with Zod to the middle of the Sahara Desert. Let that shyt go and stop acting like Zack Snyder fukked your mom in the ass.
even more so, if you're like "do you like superman in the first place or ever read his comics?" they turn into mice....if you don't like the characters from the jump why are you shocked about not liking the movie :why: and why are you complaining about the PORTRAYAL of the character they don't even like in the first place.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
even more so, if you're like "do you like superman in the first place or ever read his comics?" they turn into mice....if you don't like the characters from the jump why are you shocked about not liking the movie :why: and why are you complaining about the PORTRAYAL of the character they don't even like in the first place.

Or of course all the cats who don't actually read comics but tell us the way these characters should be. Yes that sounds ultra nerdy lol but still

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Fukk that, Batman Forever had a good batman/bruce wayne portrayal too. And a good riddler. Everything else around it was awful tho..except that soundtrack.

Carey as Edward Nigma was awful but Carey seemed really loopy as riddler.

low key

what also hurt batman forever was that while that was going on, batman the animated series was prime and DESTROYED that, REALLY bad. Batman TAS' portrayal of 2 face, nigma, and ivy was 1000000x better, so those of use who liked forever thought it, and & Robin were just abysmal.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
it wants you to believe it is a thoughtful movie with a positive message but in reality it is just a shallow sci/fi action flick.
Hmm...i hear you. I'm not sure if I agree with the bolded because i think "thoughtful movie with a positive message" is really just superman becoming the superman (truth, justice, american way) that he will become...but i hear you, and thanks for clarifying.

and if its a sci/fi action flick, honestly i think its phenomenal at being that and nothing more. I like the movie a lot though, but I respect your opinion....on this.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Hmm...i hear you. I'm not sure if I agree with the bolded because i think "thoughtful movie with a positive message" is really just superman becoming the superman (truth, justice, american way) that he will become...but i hear you, and thanks for clarifying.

and if its a sci/fi action flick, honestly i think its phenomenal at being that and nothing more. I like the movie a lot though, but I respect your opinion....on this.

well if we are to go by the movie's own dialogue, it preaches things like hope and being the best version of ourselves that we can possibly be. "what if a child aspired to be something greater". and that is exactly what the character of superman should stand for.

but these themes and messages are explored in dialogue only. it is really just a movie about superman fighting some aliens. by the third act is basically a roland emmerich flick.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
right, so long as we both can agree that it's not technically a good movie. it is a very DUMB movie that doesn't take itself even a tad bit serious. I think we enjoy it because it takes us all back to a simpler time.

it did what it set out to do yes, entertain kids that were into mortal kombat. but i can't imagine there were many ADULTS in 1995 putting it at the top of their best of lists.
Putting MK on a best of list and calling it an awful movie are two different things at the far ends of the spectrum. I watched it recently and was still entertained. Like dude said earlier if you think this is a bad movie, than most other kung fu flicks must be bad to you as well. Really dope fight scenes, decent enough acting, and characters that stuck to their video game counterparts. I don't see the problem...
MK Annihilation now? Wack fight scenes, atrocious acting, lame characters and fx gives you a truly awful martial arts film

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Putting MK on a best of list and calling it an awful movie are two different things at the far ends of the spectrum. I watched it recently and was still entertained. Like dude said earlier if you think this is a bad movie, than most other kung fu flicks must be bad to you as well. Really dope fight scenes, decent enough acting, and characters that stuck to their video game counterparts. I don't see the problem...
MK Annihilation now? Wack fight scenes, atrocious acting, lame characters and fx gives you a truly awful martial arts film

Exactly. Best of 95 lists and good movie aren't synonymous. If it helps, Siskel gave it a thumbs up. He got what it was and what it was trying to be and you're right that if that's a bad flick then damn near every martial arts movie is bad.

MK2 is terrible. The fight scenes are slow the effects are terrible, and the fights are all arbitrary

Daps
Reppin
NYC
okay fine then if we are judging it strictly on it being a martial arts film, i guess it is pretty cool.

but it doesn't work on any level beyond that.