Say something positive about an awful movie

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yes, yes it is, that's why I don't come in here, I am tired of these wannabe film critics disrespecting shyt I love and then hype up these boring ass character studies of a film like The Drop and that over rated as birdman shyt..

How is he overrated when you just named 5 movies of his that are good? that's not overrated it just mean you don't like EVERYTHING he does, shyt I don't like Inception either but I will still check out his next movie just cause

So you don't come in here because cats disagree with you? What is that about breh? If you don't like flicks like the Drop or Birdman, then big up the stuff you DO like and see what happens. We've got a thread going about a power rangers movie, dragon ball z stuff, and even this thread in particular has cats defending the 95 mortal kombat movie. Diverse tastes all around breh

Daps
Reppin
NYC
And they killed the most interesting character and took away the emotional center of the movie 25 min in

i felt godzilla was gonna be bad within the first five minutes. even the cranston stuff was awful imo. sadly it just got worse from there.

one of the worst and most boring theater experiences i ever had.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
So you don't come in here because cats disagree with you? What is that about breh? If you don't like flicks like the Drop or Birdman, then big up the stuff you DO like and see what happens. We've got a thread going about a power rangers movie, dragon ball z stuff, and even this thread in particular has cats defending the 95 mortal kombat movie. Diverse tastes all around breh
You are one of the only few objective posters in here, that gives full non biased responses and not strictly one side on the type of movies you like. its not that I don't like the disagreements. I see what you saying and how that looks. Don't get me wrong I stay in the tv show threads like power or whatever, I just don't like these super film critic points of view, to me its annoying. Like LOL RT has whatever movie at 1% I told yall it was gonna be garbage, then the same two guys post in the movie thread atleast once a page saying how the movie is trash.. I was just saying I like to avoid shyt like that.. it is what it is tho :yeshrug:....

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You are one of the only few objective posters in here, that gives full non biased responses and not strictly one side on the type of movies you like. its not that I don't like the disagreements. I see what you saying and how that looks. Don't get me wrong I stay in the tv show threads like power or whatever, I just don't like these super film critic points of view, to me its annoying. Like LOL RT has whatever movie at 1% I told yall it was gonna be garbage, then the same two guys post in the movie thread atleast once a page saying how the movie is trash.. I was just saying I like to avoid shyt like that.. it is what it is tho :yeshrug:....

That shyt is annoying and perplexing as hell since we have MULTIPLE threads made, sometimes in a week, where cats will shyt on critics for not liking movies they like but then big up critics to embolden their opinions, whether it be a movie they want to succeed or a movie they want to fail.

But for the most part, I think we're very diverse in being able to like more than one thing.

Only things I'm biased about are Spidey and Bond breh :smugbond: oh and I refuse to believe 95 Mortal Kombat is a bad movie

Daps
Reppin
NYC
and I refuse to believe 95 Mortal Kombat is a bad movie

are you saying this as someone who first saw the movie as a teenager or as an adult who can look back on it with an objective mind?

was that movie not tailored only to kids?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
are you saying this as someone who first saw the movie as a teenager or as an adult who can look back on it with an objective mind?

was that movie not tailored only to kids?

I'm saying it as someone who saw it as a kid and thought it was good and can still watch it now and think its good. I was the same kid who knew super mario bros was terrible at age 6, who knew street fighter was awful at age 8, and who knew mortal kombat annihilation was terrible at age 11. So there are no rose colored glasses on this for me. It basically uses the enter the dragon set up to the letter and interjects some mysticism, some mythology, and goes from there. Now is it a great movie? Hell no, there are definitely issues with it but I do believe it's a good flick in terms of doing what it set out to do, having some cool choreography, and having fights that drove the story forward rather than just having the fights exists just to exists.

I saw it at a movie theater around my way when I was 9 breh, me, my best friend, and his dad and it was packed with teenagers and adults who were all having a good time so I can't speak for who it was tailored to but I do know that we all enjoyed it. There were grown men in the theater losing their shyt when Reptile appeared showed up

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Never understood why people hate this movie. Did y'all really want Godzilla in every single frame of the movie?
No but we wanted him in more than just three scenes.

The trailer was so dope :ohlawd: the tone seemed so intense and dark. But the film was just a badly directed and poorly casted. They really missed the mark by a long shot.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
the wicker man: nic cage punching that chick in a furry costume

transformers: hearing optimus prime's voice gave me goosebumps

transformers 3: it was better than transformers 2

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I don't hate that movie, but yeah he doesn't do any fighting. With that said the plane rescue, lex and the "Now fly" scenes were piff.

I don't hate it either, and I wish Routh had got another shot

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Alot of snobs in the film room

A WHOLE LOT

Yes, yes it is, that's why I don't come in here, I am tired of these wannabe film critics disrespecting shyt I love and then hype up these boring ass character studies of a film like The Drop and that over rated as birdman shyt..

How is he overrated when you just named 5 movies of his that are good? that's not overrated it just mean you don't like EVERYTHING he does, shyt I don't like Inception either but I will still check out his next movie just cause
its really bad. Honestly its only a couple of people, mostly eurotrash and dudes from iowa who are beyond snarky, and really overvalue their opinions on here...but they are shockingly vocal...

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Hell no, there are definitely issues with it but I do believe it's a good flick in terms of doing what it set out to do, having some cool choreography, and having fights that drove the story forward rather than just having the fights exists just to exists.
right, so long as we both can agree that it's not technically a good movie. it is a very DUMB movie that doesn't take itself even a tad bit serious. I think we enjoy it because it takes us all back to a simpler time.

it did what it set out to do yes, entertain kids that were into mortal kombat. but i can't imagine there were many ADULTS in 1995 putting it at the top of their best of lists.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
right, so long as we both can agree that it's not technically a good movie. it is a very DUMB movie that doesn't take itself even a tad bit serious. I think we enjoy it because it takes us all back to a simpler time.

it did what it set out to do yes, entertain kids that were into mortal kombat. but i can't imagine there were many ADULTS in 1995 putting it at the top of their best of lists.

Depends on the adult breh. If you're talking about a 21 year old who loved the game then maybe he did. If you're talking about a cat in his 30s or 40s who has no connection with the game whatsoever minus what he hears in the news about how violent it is and misses how over the top it is, then yeah I'm sure there won't be. And I'd say it's a technically good movie in the sense that it accomplishes what it sets out to do and does it well. There's no pretension with it, there's no trying to be high art; it knows it's a movie version of a video game that is over the top and hyper violent and ridiculous, with, at the time, a dense mythology that has only gotten more dense as the years have gone on. Just because a movie has flaws doesn't mean it's not good. I know the movie worked for me at 9 and works for me now 20 years later, which is really what matters to me at the end of the day. How someone else feels about it isn't my concern nor do i give a damn