Say something positive about an awful movie

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Depends on the adult breh. If you're talking about a 21 year old who loved the game then maybe he did. If you're talking about a cat in his 30s or 40s who has no connection with the game whatsoever minus what he hears in the news about how violent it is and misses how over the top it is, then yeah I'm sure there won't be. And I'd say it's a technically good movie in the sense that it accomplishes what it sets out to do and does it well. There's no pretension with it, there's no trying to be high art; it knows it's a movie version of a video game that is over the top and hyper violent and ridiculous, with, at the time, a dense mythology that has only gotten more dense as the years have gone on. Just because a movie has flaws doesn't mean it's not good. I know the movie worked for me at 9 and works for me now 20 years later, which is really what matters to me at the end of the day. How someone else feels about it isn't my concern nor do i give a damn
I'm a save this quote and use it as a reply to every person who gets on their high horse about action movies, mostly the ones that come out i the summer or are directed by micheal bay... If you dont mind ofcourse.. I will cite my souces when i use it .. lol

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm a save this quote and use it as a reply to every person who gets on their high horse about action movies, mostly the ones that come out i the summer or are directed by micheal bay... If you dont mind ofcourse.. I will cite my souces when i use it .. lol

Feel free breh, glad I could help

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
i don't know why "it wasn't for me" isn't a valid comment for these snarky know it alls to say.

Michael Bay action movies, and period pieces about Abraham Lincoln might be great, but they arent for me...and thats okay..."not for me" doesn't mean AWFUL.

now

there are bad movies

For example, bourne movies are for me...i like them...bourne legacy was garbage though...so, there is a time to say things are bad, but this highhorse criticizing movies you aren't even supposed to like because they arent for you is corny.

Theres a thread trashing the Jem and the Holograms movie that hasn't even come out.

breh

its not for you :mindblown:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i don't know why "it wasn't for me" isn't a valid comment for these snarky know it alls to say.

Michael Bay action movies, and period pieces about Abraham Lincoln might be great, but they arent for me...and thats okay..."not for me" doesn't mean AWFUL.

now

there are bad movies

For example, bourne movies are for me...i like them...bourne legacy was garbage though...so, there is a time to say things are bad, but this highhorse criticizing movies you aren't even supposed to like because they arent for you is corny.

Theres a thread trashing the GEM AND THE MISFITS movie that hasn't even come out.

breh

Exactly. Not everything is meant for everybody. If that was the case, they wouldn't do target marketing. A Jem and the Holograms movie isn't for me because I didn't watch the show and I'm not interested. Doesn't mean the movie is going to be bad or good, just not my steez and I leave it at that. Anytime I see a thread about some new CW show or some random romantic comedy, I don't even go in because it's not for me so why ruin other cats good time? I know negativity on the internet is like gold bars, but damn man, is this how cats function when they're not on here? Live and let live. Like the cats in my Spectre thread talking about how Bond is played, etc. Why the fukk are you in a Spectre thread then?:camby:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Exactly. Not everything is meant for everybody. If that was the case, they wouldn't do target marketing. A Jem and the Holograms movie isn't for me because I didn't watch the show and I'm not interested. Doesn't mean the movie is going to be bad or good, just not my steez and I leave it at that. Anytime I see a thread about some new CW show or some random romantic comedy, I don't even go in because it's not for me so why ruin other cats good time? I know negativity on the internet is like gold bars, but damn man, is this how cats function when they're not on here? Live and let live. Like the cats in my Spectre thread talking about how Bond is played, etc. Why the fukk are you in a Spectre thread then?:camby:
lmao...for real...if you don't like bond anyway, then don't watch. we're gucci, and we're actually HYPED

if you don't like superman from the JUMP

why are you hating on a superman movie so hard?

i actively don't like the ant man charactor so I straight up kept it moving on the movie...why would i go so hard to trash it...its not for me.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Happening: Interesting plot-twist.​
This scene was cool and unnerving as fukk in The Happening:
YbYmFru.gif

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
lmao...for real...if you don't like bond anyway, then don't watch. we're gucci, and we're actually HYPED

i actively don't like the ant man charactor so I straight up kept it moving on the movie...why would i go so hard to trash it...its not for me.

I had no interest in ant-man so I stayed out of the thread unless someone asked me to comment on something. I didn't shyt on the movie, I explained why I didn't want to see it and kept it moving. Like the Fantastic Four movie: I said my piece, I kept it moving. I'm not going to sit in there and keep litigating the movie

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

now

there are bad movies

Theres a thread trashing the Jem and the Holograms movie that hasn't even come out.

breh

No, if I dont like it, its trash, if it isnt for me than that means its trash, if I wasnt in the mood for a comedy that day, that makes any attempt to be funny corny.. If I worked all day and went to a late showing and dozed off, its not cuz im tired it means the movie was slow and dragged.. If I have never liked my movies to be over 2 hrs, than anything that is a minute over is trash....

:troll:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It aint got no fukking holograms in it!!! Where is Synergy, man!!!!:birdman:

But see that's different, you're a FAN of it, which is different than someone just coming into the thread, throwing bows, putting their feet on the table and being the arbiter of good taste and just upset at the fact that the movie exists to begin with. One of the homies came in my power ranger movie thread trying to clown because he couldn't believe they're making the movie...well why the fukk are you in the thread then? Let me and the cats who want to see it talk about it and let us cook

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

At least once a month since I started the Batman v Superman thread last year there is someone who comes in it specifically to start complaining about Man of Steel.
We all get it...you wanted Superman to smile more, save cats in trees and drag the fight with Zod to the middle of the Sahara Desert. Let that shyt go and stop acting like Zack Snyder fukked your mom in the ass.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
But see that's different, you're a FAN of it, which is different than someone just coming into the thread, throwing bows, putting their feet on the table and being the arbiter of good taste and just upset at the fact that the movie exists to begin with. One of the homies came in my power ranger movie thread trying to clown because he couldn't believe they're making the movie...well why the fukk are you in the thread then? Let me and the cats who want to see it talk about it and let us cook
I'm not a fan...I was just being sarcastic.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
At least once a month since I started the Batman v Superman thread last year there is someone who comes in it specifically to start complaining about Man of Steel.
We all get it...you wanted Superman to smile more, save cats in trees and drag the fight with Zod to the middle of the Sahara Desert. Let that shyt go and stop acting like Zack Snyder fukked your mom in the ass.

:deadrose: same with the ghosbusters thing. We get it, you don't want the movie to work, you don't think women are funny. Awesome. move the fukk along