Saw American Hustle

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My nikkas I'm hearing WOLF OF WALLSTREET bout to crush the buildings. We talking Scarface type cocaine use throughout the movie and about 3 orgies.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
Good movie but the ending was:patrice:
fbi not being able to track a wire to a specific bank or account :patrice:movie might as well been called entrapment.

Last edited:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Maaaaaaaaaaaaan, so close.

A tighter script and the movie would've been a masterpiece.

Story spent too much time bouncing around with needless flashbacks and sidestories...and the Tellegio casting felt like stunt casting to me. That's when the story sort of went of the rails for me, when JLaw started getting mixed up with the mob, etc...

Still really liked the movie, just wish the script was more focused.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OVERRATED film of the year. The acting was executed perfectly, however the film's pacing dragged and the story basically plodded along to the point where I couldn't care less for any of the characters at all. Also, the humor (if this supposed to be a dark comedy) was bland to me.

David O. Russell basically imitated Sorcese in style with a generic Ocean's 11 style plot. It's only riding strength was in the acting and nothing more.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Dunno why anyone's hating on Jennifer Lawrence in this. She fukking killed it; stole every scene she was in.. Her and Bale were phenomenal. The script could have been a little tighter, but I thought the film was still excellent.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Dunno why anyone's hating on Jennifer Lawrence in this. She fukking killed it; stole every scene she was in.. Her and Bale were phenomenal. The script could have been a little tighter, but I thought the film was still excellent.

Lawrence was fantastic, loved every moment she was on screen...

...but it didn't really fit with the rest of the movie, imo.

Everytime the story jumped back to her relationship with Irving, the main plot ground to a halt.

:manny:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lawrence was fantastic, loved every moment she was on screen...

...but it didn't really fit with the rest of the movie, imo.

Everytime the story jumped back to her relationship with Irving, the main plot ground to a halt.

:manny:

I agree, that's one of my complaints as well. It seems like that side-story was sandwiched in only to somewhat force tension between Bale's and Adam's characters. But, overall it added nothing to the plot itself.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
best film of the year, a white film finally beat out best man holiday

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
this movie was ass to me. the only good thing about this movie was the acting by all, the plot was so stupid and confusing at times. i loved silver lining though

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
this movie was incredible. I loved it. It was hilarious as well, funnier than anchorman 2. All the actors and actresses involved gave TOP NOTCH performances. Amy Adams was sexy as fukk. Jennifer Lawrence was great in this and was lowkey funny as hell. The soundtrack for this is also pure piffery. What a great flick.