Saw American Hustle

Conz

Superstar
Daps
He has a movie with no title and a Secret plot dropping this year The cast is star studded.
Anya Taylor-Joy
Margit Robbie
Christian Bale
Zoe Saldana
Robert DeNiro
Ramy Malek
Timothy Olyphant
Micheal Shannon
Mike Myers
John David Washington
Chris Rock
Taylor Swift
Allesandro Nivola

So he's not suffering on Hollywood from people supposedly forgetting this movie. lol
bet it sucks. dude only has a couple good movies, but always gets put besides the greats when he drops a movie. maybe he took all the time off to actually work on a good project.

Three Kings is an underrated classic, imo. The Fighter was good, even though there are 400000000 boxing movies, and i guess i'll let people enjoy Silver Linings Playbook if they want to.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
bet it sucks. dude only has a couple good movies, but always gets put besides the greats when he drops a movie. maybe he took all the time off to actually work on a good project.
Its clear looking at that roster and American Hustle he leans on star actors and cool music to sell movies and even then I walk out like "oh that was well made"

like super great value Tarantino if Tarantino was a much worse film maker. "America's Choice" Tarantino.

LOL @ "a secret plot"

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I generally like his stuff:
Flirting With Disaster
I Heart Huckabees (love this movie)
Three Kings
The Fighter
Silver Linings Playbook
American Hustle

That's a solid filmography. Definitely more than a couple of movies.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I generally like his stuff:
Flirting With Disaster
I Heart Huckabees (love this movie)
Three Kings
The Fighter
Silver Linings Playbook
American Hustle

That's a solid filmography. Definitely more than a couple of movies.
Another movie we loved in the moment that absolutely nobody talks about now.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Its clear looking at that roster and American Hustle he leans on star actors and cool music to sell movies and even then I walk out like "oh that was well made"

like super great value Tarantino if Tarantino was a much worse film maker. "America's Choice" Tarantino.

LOL @ "a secret plot"
You think he is similar to Tarantino? Seems more like Adam McKay style wise.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Do old movies get talked about period? What kind of made up criteria is this?! lol
...yeah :dwillhuh:

i mean the last week of this forum has had discussions about
  • gi joe the movie
  • x files
  • search party
  • last action hero
  • Green mile
  • hulk 2008
  • big trouble in little china
  • teen wolf
  • an entire thread about 80, 90s action films
there are entire podcasts dedicated to just Rewatchable classic movies...

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
...yeah :dwillhuh:

i mean the last week of this forum has had discussions about
  • gi joe the movie
  • x files
  • search party
  • last action hero
  • Green mile
  • hulk 2008
  • big trouble in little china
  • teen wolf
  • an entire thread about 80, 90s action films
there are entire podcasts dedicated to just Rewatchable classic movies...
OK you named what 10 movies, there are thousands dude. And they aren't less than because they don't have a podcast or mentioned on Hip Hop messageboard. lol

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
OK you named what 10 movies, there are thousands dude. And they aren't less than because they don't have a podcast or mentioned on Hip Hop messageboard. lol
...what even is your point?

do you think this movie has lasted the test of time? Do you watch it ever since it came out? Some movies come and go...some stay in the culture or in conversation because of how good they are. Thats my point.

If so, then cool enjoy.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
...what even is your point?

do you think this movie has lasted the test of time? Do you watch it ever since it came out? Some movies come and go...some stay in the culture or in conversation because of how good they are. Thats my point.

If so, then cool enjoy.
Just because you haven't heard anyone talk about a movie doesn't mean it is rated any less by the general audience since it came out.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Another movie we loved in the moment that absolutely nobody talks about now.
which is a shame. it's one of the better "war" movies of the past 20ish years. definitely one of the best Desert Storm era "war" movies

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Just because you haven't heard anyone talk about a movie doesn't mean it is rated any less by the general audience since it came out.
got it.

Let me ask it a different way: Is this a movie that you have watched much since it came out or have you thought about it whatsoever since it came out? Did it last of test of time to you? Because it has not to me. Its not a bad movie to me on the level @Conz has it, but it isn't something I've ever considered buying or keeping on my google list. Its peers at the time and those that came out shortly before and thereafter like The Town, the Big Short, Wolf of Wallstreet, Den of Thieves, are more memorable and rewatchable.

I'd put this movie with stuff like "Drive" (which i dislike more than most) or "Molly's Game".

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
got it.

Let me ask it a different way: Is this a movie that you have watched much since it came out or have you thought about it whatsoever since it came out? Did it last of test of time to you? Because it has not to me. Its not a bad movie to me on the level @Conz has it, but it isn't something I've ever considered buying or keeping on my google list. Its peers at the time and those that came out shortly before and thereafter like The Town, the Big Short, Wolf of Wallstreet, Den of Thieves, are more memorable and rewatchable.

I'd put this movie with stuff like "Drive" (which i dislike more than most) or "Molly's Game".
I don't watch a lot of movies over and over and yeah this isn't one of them. I saw it in theaters and one other time on cable. But I do rate this above The Town, The Big Short, Drive, Molly's Game and Den of Thieves which only saw those once each.