Sausage Party (Official Thread)

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They treating this movie like it's rated NC-17 at the AMC I went to. I went with my niece and nephew niece is 24, nephew is 17 and they wouldn't let him in. This shyt ain't gonna make any money.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Wasn't ready for how gay that shyt was. The comedy was extremely low brow. I did laugh but a lot of shyt was cringe worthy

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
This movie was more lewd, crude, offensive, and funny than I imagined it would be. It also had some really critical things to say about religion, the historical conflict between Israel and Palestine, the human tendency to push aside critical thinking for group think and tradition, and putting differences aside to live together.

We laughed a LOT. We also gasped and said "oh shyt" and "oh no they didn't" a lot. There's something here to offend almost everyone, Seth Rogen really didn't use a filter for most things. In particular,
there were a few cringe rape innuendos and one actually rape that shocked the hell out of me. It was actually pretty disturbing.
. I won't say it's completely filter free though because I was sitting there waiting for the Black jokes because they went after everyone else, but they never came. So I think they were careful not to negatively portray, target or offend Black folks, which is very curious because they kinda went after everyone else, even Jews...although
the depiction of Jews as passive and passive aggressive, rather than aggressive in the Palestine/Israeli conflict is super shady. Seth, I see you!
. There is a hilarious character voiced by Craig Robinson though that had us rolling
because most of his jokes were about white people [crackers]

Generally I think there's stuff in this movie that will make most people laugh. There is a lot of illusion to homosexuality, bisexuality, and poly, so if you're sexually uptight or extremely homophobic, you probably shouldn't see this. But if you can get over that and embrace it for the crazy weird ride that it is, I think you'll have a lot of fun. I will say though, it wasn't not non-stop fun. The middle drags a bit, and there were a few scenes where I kinda wanted to say "ok where is this going?" But they didn't last long. It could have been edited tighter, but overall, Sausage Party was pretty entertaining.

If we are going to do a scale, I'd give this a 7 out of 10.

Can you please merge these two threads @MartyMcFly

Thank you for actually putting spoiler tags unlike some retards in here. Now i know what to expect and it will ruin the element of surprise :smh:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yeah... these spoilers
I'll wait

Gonna go to the poconos get my gamble on