Sausage Party (Official Thread)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This movie was more lewd, crude, offensive, and funny than I imagined it would be. It also had some really critical things to say about religion, the historical conflict between Israel and Palestine, the human tendency to push aside critical thinking for group think and tradition, and putting differences aside to live together.

We laughed a LOT. We also gasped and said "oh shyt" and "oh no they didn't" a lot. There's something here to offend almost everyone, Seth Rogen really didn't use a filter for most things. In particular,
there were a few cringe rape innuendos and one actually rape that shocked the hell out of me. It was actually pretty disturbing.
. I won't say it's completely filter free though because I was sitting there waiting for the Black jokes because they went after everyone else, but they never came. So I think they were careful not to negatively portray, target or offend Black folks, which is very curious because they kinda went after everyone else, even Jews...although
the depiction of Jews as passive and passive aggressive, rather than aggressive in the Palestine/Israeli conflict is super shady. Seth, I see you!
. There is a hilarious character voiced by Craig Robinson though that had us rolling
because most of his jokes were about white people [crackers]

Generally I think there's stuff in this movie that will make most people laugh. There is a lot of illusion to homosexuality, bisexuality, and poly, so if you're sexually uptight or extremely homophobic, you probably shouldn't see this. But if you can get over that and embrace it for the crazy weird ride that it is, I think you'll have a lot of fun. I will say though, it wasn't not non-stop fun. The middle drags a bit, and there were a few scenes where I kinda wanted to say "ok where is this going?" But they didn't last long. It could have been edited tighter, but overall, Sausage Party was pretty entertaining.

If we are going to do a scale, I'd give this a 7 out of 10.

Can you please merge these two threads @MartyMcFly

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This movie was more lewd, crude, offensive, and funny than I imagined it would be. It also had some really critical things to say about religion, the historical conflict between Israel and Palestine, the human tendency to push aside critical thinking for group think and tradition, and putting differences aside to live together.

We laughed a LOT. We also gasped and said "oh shyt" and "oh no they didn't" a lot. There's something here to offend almost everyone, Seth Rogen really didn't use a filter for most things. In particular,
there were a few cringe rape innuendos and one actually rape that shocked the hell out of me. It was actually pretty disturbing.
. I won't say it's completely filter free though because I was sitting there waiting for the Black jokes because they went after everyone else, but they never came. So I think they were careful not to negatively portray, target or offend Black folks, which is very curious because they kinda went after everyone else, even Jews...although
the depiction of Jews as passive and passive aggressive, rather than aggressive in the Palestine/Israeli conflict is super shady. Seth, I see you!
. There is a hilarious character voiced by Craig Robinson though that had us rolling
because most of his jokes were about white people [crackers]

Generally I think there's stuff in this movie that will make most people laugh. There is a lot of illusion to homosexuality, bisexuality, and poly, so if you're sexually uptight or extremely homophobic, you probably shouldn't see this. But if you can get over that and embrace it for the crazy weird ride that it is, I think you'll have a lot of fun. I will say though, it wasn't not non-stop fun. The middle drags a bit, and there were a few scenes where I kinda wanted to say "ok where is this going?" But they didn't last long. It could have been edited tighter, but overall, Sausage Party was pretty entertaining.

If we are going to do a scale, I'd give this a 7 out of 10.

Can you please merge these two threads @MartyMcFly

Wish I could lol..gotta ask @hex

swampfox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it last night. I give it a 6.5 out of 10. Too many gay innuendos, but funny nonetheless.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This movie was awful. It made me realize how genius Trey Parker and Matt Stone are with the stuff they don South Park because Sausage Party tried to do what they do and failed at every turn. And the worst sin this movie commits is that its not funny. Sure there were a few moments that caused a slight chuckle but there were no real laughs in this entire movie aside from the ridiculousness of that food orgy at the end of the movie.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
So is this worth seeing because I might go see it tonight or should I just wait until it comes out online or something