Saudi Arabia has begun construction on 100 mile long skyscraper city that will house 9 million residents

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Some straight up dystopian techo future ish straight out of a Philip K book there....

Kinda crazy seeing things like this as an 80s baby because outside of the shiny shiny its just like a modern day projects but things like this will become huge enclosed domes within a couple of thousand years as the atmosphere burns off this planet but those in the know would've long moved elsewhere by then.

18lr2ywep31wgjpg.jpg

Just like Philip K saw in his visions...
I'm honestly surprised we haven't started doming cities like Houston on Islamabad. Places which are already getting uninhabitable in the summer. :francis:

Also keep in mind that a domes city is a flood proof city also, so it would prevent hurricane fukkery in the western hemisphere and would prevent random lakes forming during monsoon season on the Indian subcontinent

Last edited:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It’s not going to happen though, that would require leadership from people who aren’t psychopaths and sociopaths (and they wouldn’t build a line because that’s stupid as hell, they’d build in an outward circle at least)

Western media has trained you that if a country isn’t white then it has bad leadership

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Western media has trained you that if a country isn’t white then it has bad leadership
That doesn’t make any sense if you aren’t listing the specific media and you seem to ignore the socioeconomic malfeasance (I’m assuming you think western media taught me that word too) by the Saudi Government and the fact almost every country on this planet has bad leadership so that’s a moot point anyway

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
This is a weird priject, why would it be so stretched out? What reason is there to force resources to build it be transported so far end-to-end?

just sounds like one of those BS futuristic projects but I can’t figure out who they’re trying to scam

Daps
Something will arise that won't let them finish. The renders look waaay too ambitious

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
Saudi Arabia will never finish it and if everything continues the way its going on with MBS/ OPEC and russia they will be more worried with keeping Iran and Yemen away than building this.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
You pretty much going to be living on a big ass cruise ship.

They going to segment different parts of the city that you won't be able to go to or even walk through without certain passes or credentials.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
I'm honestly surprised we haven't started doming cities like Houston on Islamabad. Places which are already getting uninhabitable in the summer. :francis:

Also keep in mind that a domes city is a flood proof city also, so it would prevent hurricane fukkery in the western hemisphere and would prevent random lakes forming during monsoon season on the Indian subcontinent

It really does seem to be the most likely wave of the future. Just makes me think how a supposedly schizophrenic dude from the 50s predicted the times we're about to be living in with almost unerring clarity and accuracy in so many respects. Name a movie he didn't influence as they all bit his style that was called crazy at the time...

They going to segment different parts of the city that you won't be able to go to or even walk through without certain passes or credentials.

This will be the new version of passports with access codes for Alpha, Beta, Delta etc.. categories so the entire world will become a brave new open world adventure but with certain DLC experiences walled off when they unleash the latest update to the Game of Souls.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
It really does seem to be the most likely wave of the future. Just makes me think how a supposedly schizophrenic dude from the 50s predicted the times we're about to be living in with almost unerring clarity and accuracy in so many respects. Name a movie he didn't influence as they all bit his style that was called crazy at the time...

This will be the new version of passports with access codes for Alpha, Beta, Delta etc.. categories so the entire world will become a brave new open world adventure but with certain DLC experiences walled off when they unleash the latest update to the Game of Souls.
Reminds me of all the dystopia books I read on college. Like brave new world and this book I read as well.

11. We by Yevgeny Zamyatin

Buy on Amazon
Add to library
In a glimmering glass city of the distant future, humans live like androids — emotionless, passionless, and nameless. Each human is identified by number and only one of them, mathematician D-503, seems to realize that he can do things and think about things differently. As he discovers his own feelings through his relationships with others, readers learn more about the odd conventions of this totalitarian system — and the consequences of defying it.

Also , snow piecer

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
It certainly seems the way the Game is headed because political correctness is thought policing and if you add in a subdermal always on internet connection for future generations then suddenly it all becomes exceedingly feasible to control consciousness at the pre aware level. What was once seen as science fiction is soon to be just science in the day to day sense.

Know what they'll use this for? Targeted ads on steroids:

Another one from the mind of Philip K...

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Reminds me of all the dystopia books I read on college. Like brave new world and this book I read as well.

11. We by Yevgeny Zamyatin

Buy on Amazon
Add to library
In a glimmering glass city of the distant future, humans live like androids — emotionless, passionless, and nameless. Each human is identified by number and only one of them, mathematician D-503, seems to realize that he can do things and think about things differently. As he discovers his own feelings through his relationships with others, readers learn more about the odd conventions of this totalitarian system — and the consequences of defying it.

Also , snow piecer

That book kinda fukked me up tbh.

Anyway that's also the place they're supposed to have the 2029 Asian winter ( :dead: ) games

Saudi Arabia to host 2029 Asian Winter Games at desert megacity