Saudi Arabia has begun construction on 100 mile long skyscraper city that will house 9 million residents

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%85%D8%AF_%D8%A8%D9%86_%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86-%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%85%D8%AF%D8%A8%D9%86%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86.gif

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
20 years ago....if you asked anybody about Dubai or about taking their vacation in a city in the desert they would laugh in your face....Now Dubai is top 5 most visited places in the world rivaling Paris, London and New York. Dubai dosen't even need Oil anymore....Mega projects attract eyes and invesment no matter how stupid it may look.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Yeah, I saw the video after I posted. So it seems they want to build a whole city instead of a building.

I still think there are all sorts of problems it's going to have, like garbage disposal, plumbing, bulk delivery (for all the stores the city is going to have), and intercity or international transport.

You can't build an airport anywhere near the place due to noise pollution and due to the height of the building. So it won't be easy for people to travel in and out compared to how it would be for a normal city of 9 million.

I also wonder where the jobs are coming from. There's going to be no blue collar work there. No cars, so there won't be any mechanics or smash repairers. No space for manufacturing or industrial areas. No construction because the whole city is already built. No streets, so no road work and maintenance crews. No ports, so no stevedores and no truck drivers.

What will people who live in this city do for a living? They can only work white collar jobs, service jobs, or retail jobs. That's not enough.

You ask many good questions that I simply do not have the answers too. However, I do predict that it's glossy exterior will be a thin veil covering a complete and total shyt show. Literally a shyt show. Where the fukk is all the human waste gonna go? Are they just gonna try to fertilize the desert with it? Could that work? :jbhmm:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
getting emergency medical care anywhere in there could end up being the fastest in the world. :ehh:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I saw the video after I posted. So it seems they want to build a whole city instead of a building.

I still think there are all sorts of problems it's going to have, like garbage disposal, plumbing, bulk delivery (for all the stores the city is going to have), and intercity or international transport.

You can't build an airport anywhere near the place due to noise pollution and due to the height of the building. So it won't be easy for people to travel in and out compared to how it would be for a normal city of 9 million.

I also wonder where the jobs are coming from. There's going to be no blue collar work there. No cars, so there won't be any mechanics or smash repairers. No space for manufacturing or industrial areas. No construction because the whole city is already built. No streets, so no road work and maintenance crews. No ports, so no stevedores and no truck drivers.

What will people who live in this city do for a living? They can only work white collar jobs, service jobs, or retail jobs. That's not enough.
I saw a video about it and it said people are going to live their whole lives there. It said you’re going to live in your house with your family and you’re going to go to work and go home.

Won’t need any airports because there’s not gonna be any international travel for the plebs.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If they honestly pull this off, that'd probably be a major win for the environment. That's 9 million potential less cars if this gets adoption.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Never knew Arabs were known for smelling? Plus I’ve been to Dubai. They are cleaner than Americans. Americans wipe their ass with toilet paper while Arabs have bidets
Dude that was a joke why y'all so sensitive lol.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Some straight up dystopian techo future ish straight out of a Philip K book there....

Kinda crazy seeing things like this as an 80s baby because outside of the shiny shiny its just like a modern day projects but things like this will become huge enclosed domes within a couple of thousand years as the atmosphere burns off this planet but those in the know would've long moved elsewhere by then.

18lr2ywep31wgjpg.jpg

Just like Philip K saw in his visions...

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
If they honestly pull this off, that'd probably be a major win for the environment. That's 9 million potential less cars if this gets adoption.
It’s not going to happen though, that would require leadership from people who aren’t psychopaths and sociopaths (and they wouldn’t build a line because that’s stupid as hell, they’d build in an outward circle at least)