Saudi Arabia has begun construction on 100 mile long skyscraper city that will house 9 million residents

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Looks dope if you rich as fukk. Rent out a few blocks and take your people on vacation for a week or 2

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
That sounds like an incredibly stupid design. If you lived at the far end of the building you'd probably have to travel the whole distance of the building just to buy a bottle of milk

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
That sounds like an incredibly stupid design. If you lived at the far end of the building you'd probably have to travel the whole distance of the building just to buy a bottle of milk
It said they're built as 5min walking distance neighborhoods

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
It said they're built as 5min walking distance neighborhoods

Yeah, I saw the video after I posted. So it seems they want to build a whole city instead of a building.

I still think there are all sorts of problems it's going to have, like garbage disposal, plumbing, bulk delivery (for all the stores the city is going to have), and intercity or international transport.

You can't build an airport anywhere near the place due to noise pollution and due to the height of the building. So it won't be easy for people to travel in and out compared to how it would be for a normal city of 9 million.

I also wonder where the jobs are coming from. There's going to be no blue collar work there. No cars, so there won't be any mechanics or smash repairers. No space for manufacturing or industrial areas. No construction because the whole city is already built. No streets, so no road work and maintenance crews. No ports, so no stevedores and no truck drivers.

What will people who live in this city do for a living? They can only work white collar jobs, service jobs, or retail jobs. That's not enough.