Sarah Silverman criticises ‘long tradition’ of casting non-Jews in Jewish roles.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
act
/akt/

verb

perform a fictional role in a play, movie, or television production.

behave so as to appear to be; pretend to be.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Like some Brehs said

Jews play non Jews all the time. Some Jewish celebs even change their names and shyt in real life to downplay their background.

Not to mention being able to actually become a Jew by converting.

So its not like being Black where you're just born into it and it cannot be turned off.

I am of this same mind with British Black actors playing Americans. Or vice versa if that's a thing.

If Idris can play a good Baltimore street hustler then have at it.

As long as the non Jew is not putting on a fake nose or some shyt then I'm fine with it. Just like I'm fine with a Jew playing a non Jewish character

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Can actors just be actors? This is people playing dress up and make believe. No need for everybody to actually be who they are portraying on screen as long as everyone is getting work and being represented respectfully it should be anything goes. This furthers my notion that white people don't know how to be activists. They just copy black people 1 to 1 but don't understand that some shyt doesn't translate.
We wanted cacs to stop playing blackface roles, because 1) they were disrepecting us portraying us a savages and imbeciles and 2) we weren't getting any work ourselves. This so called Jew face is doing neither of those things, 1) plenty of Jewish actors get work, and 2) nobody dares go into Hollywood and disrespects Jewish culture in their films.

Jewish people control media so this whole argument of hers is :dahell:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Arthur Fonzarelli. Aka The Fonz

fonz.jpg

Played by Jewish actor Henry Winkler

That Hanukah Song by Adam Sandler lifted the curtain......

Fonz is jewish?

edit: he looks more traditional jewish as he's gotten older tho. :ehh:

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
Still claiming ethnicity when it suits but it's a religion when it's a nikka saying shalom..This bytch is really arguing that in order to play a jew you have to be one cause I got a trainload of arguments to go..:martin: since it's a religion and not a race right?

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Wait, you're in a current thread calling out a Black member for ethnic set tripping, and cavorting with white guys.
Silverman bytch said every racial and ethnic slur imaginable on camera probably. Openly lusting for bigots is not a good look, and in this case it's inconsistent.

He's a known c00n.