Santo Domingo Dominican Republic. Share that trip knowledge.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I stayed at the Antiguo Hotel Europa in the colonial zone. I had the manager of the hotel call me a taxi to get around to specific places at night outside of the colonial zone. I felt safe in the colonial zone at night... but while in the taxi going to different places I saw some fukked up looking shyt. Had me like... I live in in america.. :blessed:

What'd you see, my nikka? Speak on it... :birdman:

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Been to Punta Cana 3 times and just spent Memorial Day in Puerto Plata...been wanting to hit up Santo Domingo just been bullshyttin

DR is beautiful place with gorgeous females

Props to the TS for posting pics and videos....:salute:

I aint posting shyt for you fukkboys on here :leostare:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

depending on where you go you might witness social unrest and extreme poverty

1000%3F1352581971.jpg

barrio_1_0.jpg

simon-bolivar-mm-280.jpg

barrio-trash1.jpg%3Fw%3D584

and also quite regularly horrible accidents and killings beware
joven-asesinado-en-Las-Caobas.jpg

Aprogressivone

Developers are the new Rockstars
Daps
Reppin
Prince George's, Maryland

You asked..... And you received... hahaha.

I won't in places that bad. I was seasoned though after seeing wild stuff in Mexico back in March. On the way to Boca Chica I saw a kid fall off the back of a truck...... :dwillhuh: I dont think he was hurt that bad..... I was in a taxi and kid was sitting on the tail gate like facing forward... I was like Ohh shyt. We were moving slow though.... Just seeing some of the slum homes people were living in was eye opening. :to: I was like dayum. And then the exact opposite out in Boca Chica when I was living it up with some rich ass Dominicans rolling up in Benzes, Bimmers, and Rovers swagged out in polo and gucci loafers. They were mostly lighter skin.... :mjpls:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
You asked..... And you received... hahaha.

I won't in places that bad. I was seasoned though after seeing wild stuff in Mexico back in March. On the way to Boca Chica I saw a kid fall off the back of a truck...... :dwillhuh: I dont think he was hurt that bad..... I was in a taxi and kid was sitting on the tail gate like facing forward... I was like Ohh shyt. We were moving slow though.... Just seeing some of the slum homes people were living in was eye opening. :to: I was like dayum. And then the exact opposite out in Boca Chica when I was living it up with some rich ass Dominicans rolling up in Benzes, Bimmers, and Rovers swagged out in polo and gucci loafers. They were mostly lighter skin.... :mjpls:

I remember reading about the baseball players who go back home, them nikkas who have been :eat: with fat contracts have to have gates and 24 hour armed bodyguards at their spots cause nikkas is hungry out there.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
depending on where you go you might witness social unrest and extreme poverty

1000%3F1352581971.jpg

barrio_1_0.jpg

simon-bolivar-mm-280.jpg

barrio-trash1.jpg%3Fw%3D584

and also quite regularly horrible accidents and killings beware
joven-asesinado-en-Las-Caobas.jpg

Damn. They always try to paint Santo Domingo as peaches and cream and heavenly compared to Haiti. Both places have their fair share of slums.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn. They always try to paint Santo Domingo as peaches and cream and heavenly compared to Haiti. Both places have their fair share of slums.

the sad thing is that it is peaches and cream compared to port au prince. haiti is on a whole different level as far as fukked up shyt goes. watch ghosts of cité soleil to get an impression, you'll be :sadbron: when you see it, and that was before the earthquake hit.

still, santo domingos slums are no joke. you basically have wealth and poverty beyond believe, and a small middle class in between. and the elite is reckless, so things won't change anytime soon. this dude right here was a presidential candidate, and he made it rain on the peasents to get elected :snoop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im actually planning a trip out here next Spring around April and this thread has been pretty informative. My cousin actually just came from a trip over there on Monday and all he could keep talking about was how bad the women were over there. I cant wait to go but it sounds like if I want to hit the streets at night Ima have to strap up! lol.

Yall got any more tips for a brotha going out there tryna have some fun and get in where he fit in?

It's stupid easy if your American. Breh, just show up ready to have a good time. (I've only been to punta Cana)