San Antonio Spurs - The 2014 NBA Champions - Official 2013-14 season thread

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I can't take Phoenix seriously. Young squad, playing up and down, the Spurs have a lot of guys who like to do the same thing...

Harden loves playing the Spurs, he's gonna gun for 40 on ya'll... Parsons will come out of the woodwork too

Blazers up until the last couple meetings have had the Spurs #

If the Grizzlies can move up to 7th or 6th... I can see them pulling an upset or making either LAC or OKC beaten up. The Spurs have figured out the Grizzlies though.

One thing the Spurs do is jump on teams and finish them early.

Harden can get his....Unless Pop puts Kawhi on him...:takedat:

The Grizzles can beat OKC and the Clips...

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
maybe...but i think the warriors over achieved big time last year...to me they arent that good....to much reliance on jump shooting

and this year unfortunately for them dwight went to houston and portland got really good....not to mention their injuries (again)

From what I've gathered,Scalabrine got M.Jax feeling the pressure...

From what I've read from other players,Scalabrine is one of the brightest basketball minds...

The Blazers just never seem to get over the hump..

They have the worst cases of luck

Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I've gathered,Scalabrine got M.Jax feeling the pressure...

From what I've read from other players,Scalabrine is one of the brightest basketball minds...

The Blazers just never seem to get over the hump..

They have the worst cases of luck

blazers rely too much on jump shooting...same as the warriors...both going out in the 2nd round

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Man it's about time for those Duncan and Manu DNP's...

come on Pop...don't push these dudes cause of a streak and have one get hurt with 2 games left in the season :patrice::lupe:...

I feel the same way....fukk the streak

The streak is not a big deal because we're not over playing ANYBODY (nobody has averaged over 30 minutes during the win streak) and it isn't as if we've been playing bad ball and eeked out wins, we've been winning comfortably. As long as they continue to play Spurs bball and listen to Pop, they're gonna be hard to beat regardless of who he sits.

i dont think he sits them against okc either, would create a sense of the Spurs hiding or a bit scared of okc even when we're at full strength

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I can't take Phoenix seriously. Young squad, playing up and down, the Spurs have a lot of guys who like to do the same thing...

Harden loves playing the Spurs, he's gonna gun for 40 on ya'll... Parsons will come out of the woodwork too

Blazers up until the last couple meetings have had the Spurs #

If the Grizzlies can move up to 7th or 6th... I can see them pulling an upset or making either LAC or OKC beaten up. The Spurs have figured out the Grizzlies though.

One thing the Spurs do is jump on teams and finish them early.
Nobody in the west is realistically beating the Spurs except possibly OKC and just MAYBE the Clippers. Memphis, Portland, and Houston, hell no.

Stealth

They know the face and they know the name
Daps
Reppin
the streets
Nobody in the west is realistically beating the Spurs except possibly OKC and just MAYBE the Clippers. Memphis, Portland, and Houston, hell no.
idk breh houstons pretty easily beat the spurs in all of their match ups, i know your not supposed to use RS games as your example but what else can i use?

The spurs tho are too disciplined to lose to a inexperienced bad coached houston team, esp if bev is out. Portland is another team the spurs have struggled against, unlike houston they have a good coach, still unexperienced tho. Memphis came into the season legit the same team they were last season, added one shooter when they needed multiple shooters, but the acquisitions of c lee and james johnson turned their season around

they got the shooting they desperately needed, and still have that defense.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Man I know this is looking like a game we gonna tank but I REALLY wanna see them win this game. I know the regular season dont matter come playoff time but damnit man we can hit finally get a win against the Thunder, hit 60 wins, and basically seal up the number 1 seed and home court advantage :manny:

Might as well run everybody tonight and get the win and rest everybody the rest of the way. Got 5 other games Popovich can rest the squad

Besides fukk OKC and I dont wanna see the streak snapped against that skinny black free throw shooting all the damn time b*stard and that dinosaur looking ass point guard of theirs :pacspit:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

OKC is the only team with a shot this year (barring injury). Everybody else either isn't good enough or just isn't ready yet.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
idk breh houstons pretty easily beat the spurs in all of their match ups, i know your not supposed to use RS games as your example but what else can i use? The spurs tho are too disciplined to lose to a inexperienced bad coached houston team, esp if bev is out.

I have no fear of Houston. They're too dependent upon the 3 and and playing up tempo transition ball. Get them in half court and its Harden and Parsons (who would get mostly neutralized by Kawhi) vs. the Spurs. Without Beverly, Tony Parker will atomize Lin.

Portland is another team the spurs have struggled against, unlike houston they have a good coach, still unexperienced tho.

Perimeter jump shooting team. :camby: Sweep.

Memphis came into the season legit the same team they were last season, added one shooter when they needed multiple shooters, but the acquisitions of c lee and james johnson turned their season around

they got the shooting they desperately needed, and still have that defense.

Bruh they're dead last in 3 pointers made per game. They're 26th in the league in scoring. They're the same low octane ass offense from last year and the strategy is the same: pack the paint, swallow up Z-Bo and :win: Sweep.