San Antonio Spurs - The 2014 NBA Champions - Official 2013-14 season thread

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
The thing is about the thunder its not gonna be Durant or Westbrook that's gonna beat us.. just like when we played them 2 years ago. It was harden.. Reggie Jackson n lamb n them boys hoopin in the reg season but can they do that when it matter.. I say not yet. We good

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
OKC is the worst matchup for the spurs and we have to go through them to get to the finals but as long we HEALTHY I ain't worried bout nothin

Me either. Rusty and Durant just gives us match up issues and Ibaka is the second coming against us. I do believe though that this year we'd have the advantage even if both teams are at full health due to our depth and being able to throw Leonard, Green, and Diaw at Durant to make him work for his points. We also have our best back up PG in Mills who'll pressure Rusty to have to defend

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
[quote="livindajetlife, post: 7692270, member: 317]The thing is about the thunder its not gonna be Durant or Westbrook that's gonna beat us.. just like when we played them 2 years ago. It was harden.. Reggie Jackson n lamb n them boys hoopin in the reg season but can they do that when it matter.. I say not yet. We good[/quote]

Durant did kill us though. Ibaka and Perkins got inexplicably hot and Harden was hitting clutch daggers down the stretch, but let's not forget Durant was their go-to closer and was killing us in the second half of games 3-6, and was the primary person responsible for the outcome of the series. He's even better now. Russ had a subpar series.

I hate to say it, but they really did make us look old and athletically inferior. You can talk about who can score what, but remember they like +19 in turnover margin. They were getting in passing lanes and creating chaos and turning it into transition points. And when they put Sefolosha on Parker full time started switching screens they shut down our pick and roll and we had no answer.

I'm scared of the Thunder honestly. Not saying we can't or won't beat them, but right now it's about a 50/50 imo. Home court would help.

hommeaetage

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Two things we have this year to counter the pick n roll trap is Diaw and Leonard's ability to post up. Hopefully Pop will dictate the matchup and force them to react instead of the other way around

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Two things we have this year to counter the pick n roll trap is Diaw and Leonard's ability to post up. Hopefully Pop will dictate the matchup and force them to react instead of the other way around
Also, Danny Green got cold feet in that series and couldn't hit anything. He proved he can perform on the big stage last year. That should be a big plus. Plus Belinelli.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Okc is my only concern...

I think we beat any team from the east in the finals...including miami...

The added pieces plus improving players will be the difference...

Just got to stay healthy

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Add Houston too...they matchup with SA pretty well
They're too reliant on 3 pointers and transition. Can't see them giving us too many problems. We're too methodical on offense and we play excellent transition D.

OKC resting :youngsabo: on back to backs. They don't fear us. They think they can beat us on the road. :leon: Okay.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
fukk OKC. They aint no boogey man or nothing like that. We got something for they ass, they better learn how to play some defense
They getting cocky resting Russ on back-to-backs. Like they feel they don't need the #1 seed. He doesn't look that hurt to me. He looks explosive as ever.

We got shooters in waves for them this time if they do that aggressive pnr trap shyt.. Danny Green won't shrink like he did in 2012, plus we got Belinelli and Mills out there.