Saltburn - Movie (Starring Jacob Elodi/Directed by Emerald Fennell)/Trailer

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
@Lootpack

agree with what you said, CW/Riverdale. Thought it was going to end at least 4 times before it did too. As much as I liked aspects of it, NOTHING really worked that well, in terms of even ending the movie at the grave scene, they never really developed a romance or intimacy between the two, to justify that ending. But, they also didn't have the style or depth, or intensity, for some kind of murder thriller.

The directing and writing weren't good enough, or that was not a strength. Compare to The Talented Mr. Ripley or Call Me By Your Name.

I never felt much between those two, aside from some small moments. The whole thing is dazzling in a sense of a new director finding her style, but it's not a great movie.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
@Lootpack

agree with what you said, CW/Riverdale. Thought it was going to end at least 4 times before it did too. As much as I liked aspects of it, NOTHING really worked that well, in terms of even ending the movie at the grave scene, they never really developed a romance or intimacy between the two, to justify that ending. But, they also didn't have the style or depth, or intensity, for some kind of murder thriller.

The directing and writing weren't good enough, or that was not a strength. Compare to The Talented Mr. Ripley or Call Me By Your Name.

I never felt much between those two, aside from some small moments. The whole thing is dazzling in a sense of a new director finding her style, but it's not a great movie.
Yeah, it’s kinda all over the place. ‘Babylon’ (2022) type beat. Would’ve preferred it had Emerald gone down a more ambiguous lane rather than batting us across the head a thousand times with how

Oliver was the mastermind all along.

giphy.gif

Lemme go dance around the house butt ass naked and shamelessly flop my johnson around some more. :unimpressed:

I did like how the marketing managed to keep things under wraps for the most part though. So by the time I went to go watch it, I was caught by surprise with where the story decided to go. All I knew before I headed into this one was that it was going to be a hedonistic, homoerotic dark dramedy. There were elements of mystery in the trailer, although subtle, and subtle enough to bait me into catching it at the theater to figure out what’s really up. Bravo to them.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
He was not, but I get what you are saying. Saw it last Friday. Probably write out something soon. If you hated Call Me By Your Name, don't watch this but Saltburn is nowhere near as sexual as that movie was.
Call Me by Your Name was much better. A beautiful love story :mjcry:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Sooo...are rich English folks really this fuct?
It's like the Weekend was called in at the last minute to direct the last half hour

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I never watched brokeback mountain, but I can't imagine a movie gayer than this. Worst movie ever made I'm going to report it to the FCC.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I didn’t hate this but the gross stuff is just used to gloss over a less interesting version of the Talented Mr Ripley styling.

Outside of a couple of manipulations, the other stuff was just silly happenstance. Not making you feel like this guy is good at what he does.