Salman Rushdie Was Just Stabbed At A Speaking Event In NY State

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
There is no Islamic clergy, thus no universally accepted rule to determine who can emit a fatwa, which is not a religious order as you said, but a legal opinion.
The partial decentralization of sunni Islam is why you can have different muftis emit contradictory fatwas.

The Supreme Leader of Iran emitted the fatwa on Rushdie and it holds no legal or religious weight for most Muslim states in the world and even less for their inhabitants.

I fail to see how this attack is a burden Muslims around the world should bear :jbhmm:

@TrapParis is right. It's ridiculous to condemn random followers for any heinous act.
Lies. An ayatollah is clergy. Khomeini was a high cleric and state leader of an Islamic Republic. Muslims around the world responded favorably to the fatwa. So favorably in fact, that 30 YEARS AFTER IT WAS ISSUED, someone carried it out.

White supremacism is a decentralized ideology as well. Should WS leaders bear no responsibility for the murders that happen as a result of their rhetoric?

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Lies. An ayatollah is clergy. Khomeini was a high cleric and state leader of an Islamic Republic. Muslims around the world responded favorably to the fatwa. So favorably in fact, that 30 YEARS AFTER IT WAS ISSUED, someone carried it out.

White supremacism is a decentralized ideology as well. Should WS leaders bear no responsibility for the murders that happen as a result of their rhetoric?

Ok, since you don't want to be charitable, let me precise my thought.

Ayatollah (UK: /ˌaɪəˈtɒlə/ or US: /ˌaɪəˈtoʊlə/; Persian: آیت‌الله, romanized: āyatollāh) is an honorific title for high-ranking Twelver Shia clergy in Iran and Iraq that came into widespread usage in the 20th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayatollah

Yes, there is the Twelver Shia clergy in Iran and Iraq... Which represents about 85% of Shia muslisms... Which represent 10% of muslims worldwide...
So yeah, there would be such a clergy for 8.5% of muslims.

When I said there is no Islamic clergy, I meant for sunni Islam which represents 90% of muslims worldwide. It should have been clear by my next sentence which says:"The partial decentralization of sunni Islam is why..."

So I reiterate more precisely: there is no clergy for the overwhelming majority of muslims and the fatwa put on Rushdie by the Ayatollah holds no legal or authoritative religious weight for the majority of muslims in the world. I won't disrespect you by going as far as saying you're lying but you should know this.

Now, I don't dispute the fact that some muslims might agree with the Ayatollah and the fatwa, because I don't see in black and white like yall. Some definitely do as seen with protests, auto-da-fé, threats... Others don't. Protests and crowds should never be used as a barometer to implicate entire populations. That should be common sense.

Again, saying that every muslim bears the weight of this violent attack is ridiculous.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Lol. The bounty was placed by a religion, therefore the religion gets the blame.

The bounty was placed by the Iranian government, imbecile. Iranians are shiites who make up 10% of the global Muslim population. Too many nikkas on this site just love talking and don't know shyt.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol the pitiful, pathetic Christians worshipping a middle eastern man who would want not an iota to do with them and the atheist brigade and the dikk riding commences.

Be furious. :mjgrin:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
imagine you caught Rushdie lacking, stab him in the neck, cause him to lose an eye, severed nerves, and then when you go to the Iranian government to cash out the Muslim Mega Millions they hit you with the
screen.png

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Religion" is abstract it doesn't mean anything. There is no such thing as "Islam" "Christianity" "Muslim" "Christian" "Etc" or all the other archaic identifiers made to differentiate people or place huge and vast numbers into groups especially as something as abstract as beliefs. It means something completely different from person to person, 1 out of 4 people on the planet are "Muslim"... you probably see "Muslims" everyday. From a random coworker to people hooping in a park. I just don't get it... Regular everyday people should not be put up to standards like that because they didn't do anything wrong and its insane to me that its put there in the first place. What does that have to do with them? Not a conducive environment if whenever a SINGLUAR criminal does something whatever he/she motivations are that its put on to enormous amount of people. Its incredibly dumb and dangerous.

That’s an interesting take, but what “religion” are you then?

Or should I say what religion were you? :hubie:

If You’re speaking from the perspective of someone who chooses not to “believe” in religion of course it doesn’t make sense to you :manny: