Salman Rushdie Was Just Stabbed At A Speaking Event In NY State

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
To be fair most of these posters were not alive when the "Satanic Verses" dropped.

Dude has been out of the public spotlight for decades. Folks who weren't around in the 80's would not know dude.
i heard of him when i was in college, given that im into literature, books, etc and he was mentioned in one of my groups

altho i never read his books, i remembered him because of this saga

TrapParis

All Star
Daps
Rushdie has had the fatwa (religious order, in this case execution) placed on his head by Islamic clergy for "offending Islam". Therefore, Islam and its followers will get some of the blame. I fail to see what's hard to understand.
Imagine someone does a criminal thing but instead of being like "This GUY is clearly a criminal" why put the blame of what some criminal does onto a third of the planet? Twisted logic.... Imagine if you did that for every single criminal on earth. Crazy.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Imagine someone does a criminal thing but instead of being like "This GUY is clearly a criminal" why put the blame of what some criminal does onto a third of the planet? Twisted logic.... Imagine if you did that for every single criminal on earth. Crazy.
:heh: This criminal literally acted on on a religious order, breh. This is like saying the ideology of white supremacy has nothing to do with murderers like Dylann Roof.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actions of a single person get attributed to billions of people. Ahmazing! Use your mind please.

If billions of Muslims outcry against these types of murders in the name of ALLAH the media will show that and then it won’t happen anymore and people won’t stereotype Muslims as a whole :manny:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Rushdie has had the fatwa (religious order, in this case execution) placed on his head by Islamic clergy for "offending Islam". Therefore, Islam and its followers will get some of the blame. I fail to see what's hard to understand.
There is no Islamic clergy, thus no universally accepted rule to determine who can emit a fatwa, which is not a religious order as you said, but a legal opinion.
The partial decentralization of sunni Islam is why you can have different muftis emit contradictory fatwas.

The Supreme Leader of Iran emitted the fatwa on Rushdie and it holds no legal or religious weight for most Muslim states in the world and even less for their inhabitants.

I fail to see how this attack is a burden Muslims around the world should bear :jbhmm:

@TrapParis is right. It's ridiculous to condemn random followers for any heinous act.

TrapParis

All Star
Daps
If billions of Muslims outcry against these types of murders in the name of ALLAH the media will show that and then it won’t happen anymore and people won’t stereotype Muslims as a whole :manny:
"Religion" is abstract it doesn't mean anything. There is no such thing as "Islam" "Christianity" "Muslim" "Christian" "Etc" or all the other archaic identifiers made to differentiate people or place huge and vast numbers into groups especially as something as abstract as beliefs. It means something completely different from person to person, 1 out of 4 people on the planet are "Muslim"... you probably see "Muslims" everyday. From a random coworker to people hooping in a park. I just don't get it... Regular everyday people should not be put up to standards like that because they didn't do anything wrong and its insane to me that its put there in the first place. What does that have to do with them? Not a conducive environment if whenever a SINGLUAR criminal does something whatever he/she motivations are that its put on to enormous amount of people. Its incredibly dumb and dangerous.