Saigon - 777 Resurrection (Discussion Thread)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Lots of talk about his discography in here but I haven't seen anyone mention "All In a Day's Work" with Statik. I enjoyed that project and still run it from time to time on a road trip or something.
That was a good album

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I'll never understand how he fumbled and fell off...had the label backing him and media exposure. He made Turtle lose all credibility in the music world....

:snoop:

He didn't have the label backing him though. That was the problem. Atlantic fukked over so many artists, especially in the 2000s. One of the worst labels ever.

I don't think it was entirely down to them. Sai made mistakes himself and Just Blaze is no mogul. Great producer but he is not the person to guide anyone's career.

Sai really is just an example of bad timing. If he debuts 7 years earlier or 7 years later he could have a much better career. But he was stuck in the mid 2000s which for me is still the worst era of hip hop. The labels had all the control and were treating music like a factory assembly line. Sai comes through now and he could be on that Roc Marc/Ka/Griselda lane and be doing well.

So really bad timing, bad label and management and some dumb beefs fukked it all up.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only thing I can say is, welcome back and will give a listen. I just always was disappointed in him because he is super talented but seems like a conflicted artist who could never really find his lane. he was just always in need of someone to be a really good executive producer for his shyt.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like this is the best time for Saigon to comeback with Griselda poppin. This type of rap has a lane again

What is his lane?

funny, I didnt read until after I made my post but he isnt in the Griselda lane at all. he is on his reformed thug shyt. kinda conflicted still maybe because he dont want to do thug rap but refuses to not acknowledge it. it will be interesting to hear what he comes up with. it could be very good but at the same time different from what a lot may be expecting.

TheKang

Habitual, Line Steppa
Daps
Reppin
Tampa bytch!
I was the only dude in Florida ready to fist fight over Sai-Giddy being my favorite rapper in college and having to explain myself:unimpressed::flabbynsick:

2000's stand up:old:

Found duke music completely by accident searching like Kazaa for that Angie Martinez song with umm Sicario?! For a mixtape I was making for my chick at the time:dead:

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
funny, I didnt read until after I made my post but he isnt in the Griselda lane at all. he is on his reformed thug shyt. kinda conflicted still maybe because he dont want to do thug rap but refuses to not acknowledge it. it will be interesting to hear what he comes up with. it could be very good but at the same time different from what a lot may be expecting.
You're talking about content, I guess, but I mean more sound wise. Griselda is doing traditional East Coast Boom Bap music. That's what Saigon does.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Wishing the best for him ... perhaps one of the best talents who got a super strong buzz but it never got fully realized .

just don’t know how you position him and get him a niche market ... I believe those folks at Strange are savvy enough to try to get something moving for him ... as someone said , I’d tour heavy with Tech .

His more recent stuff hasn’t hit the same for me tho ... but I’ll check whatever he releases .

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're talking about content, I guess, but I mean more sound wise. Griselda is doing traditional East Coast Boom Bap music. That's what Saigon does.

true. as I said, interesting too because Saigon actually can make song to appeal to a wider base (I.E. females) if he wants to. he is like a more skillful Maino (no offense to Maino fans)