Saigon - 777 Resurrection (Discussion Thread)

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Street rap/lyrical but with more traditional east coast sounding production and flow, delivery
I only say that, cos I feel he lost his way tbh, couldn’t decide what he wanted to rap about, we’re all contradictory in life, but it gets confusing in music, only 2pac could do it right it seems.

On another note, I just listened to all Budden/Saigon diss tricks, which were all under whelming, but I forgot how the beef even started?

Sinister

Banned
Daps
I only say that, cos I feel he lost his way tbh, couldn’t decide what he wanted to rap about, we’re all contradictory in life, but it gets confusing in music, only 2pac could do it right it seems.

On another note, I just listened to all Budden/Saigon diss tricks, which were all under whelming, but I forgot how the beef even started?
Budden has some line in a rap about hitting and running like Saigon after he punched Prodigy

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Wasn’t he off that for a good few years? I thought his whole thing was positivity
He did get off it. I’m not sure how sincere it was but I liked him more when he was more of a Nas/50 hybrid in terms of content.

I like his warning shots and yardfather era content more than his GSNT content. But if he was genuinely trying to be more conscious I appreciate that too.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Not really understanding what's funny. Strange is one of the most successful indie labels in history. Freddie Gibbs said he learned the indie game and how to really maximize his merchandise from talking to Tech N9ne.

And for the record, I'm not a fan of Tech at all. But he's damn near a genius when it comes to the indie game.

Fred.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Not really understanding what's funny. Strange is one of the most successful indie labels in history. Freddie Gibbs said he learned the indie game and how to really maximize his merchandise from talking to Tech N9ne.

And for the record, I'm not a fan of Tech at all. But he's damn near a genius when it comes to the indie game.

Fred.
Got a lot of respect for Tech and what he did, happy for the guy, I really am but Stange Music is Gathering Of The Juggalos type shyt and the thought of Saigon being being that guy now is just funny

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Got a lot of respect for Tech and what he did, happy for the guy, I really am but Stange Music is Gathering Of The Juggalos type shyt and the thought of Saigon being being that guy now is just funny
Can't argue against this at all. :hubie:

It's kinda fukked up because I grew up within walking distance of the hood Tech is from. Nobody in the city was really checking for him, so dude found acceptance (and riches) with the ICP crowd.
It is what it is. :yeshrug:

Fred.