Sacramento Music Thread...

BeeGoinCrazy

#KKworldbrazy #SacBarz
Daps
Reppin
The 916
FagloneK caught Bris at the Jimboys on Franklin and Fruitridge and Bris tried to dip off but they domed him. Fukk a bully activeK pinkys down 3600K and alla that. BullysK click up with P nikkas because don’t nobody fw they weird asses. 42.I.P Bris

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
It’s starts with the music fellas. The music content has to change. It spills over to real life and you start speaking death into existence.

and yes Sac is a war zone. We only been off quarantine for a few weeks and it’s been over 30 shootings

These rappers in the city have strong influence over the youth. Its telling that there is nobody in our city who idealizes more positive hip hop, especially considering the growth Sacramento hip hop has had over the last 10-15 years. And of course that doesn't mean Christian rap or straight conscious rap, but there is no versatility to Sacramento rap. Maybe it's the youthfulness of the scene in general, that we haven't yet grown or matured to diversification, but it's a bad sign...

When I was chopping with some cats a few weeks back, that's what I was mainly preaching, actually I been preaching this wave for a minute. It's all the same destructive content...

It's also a different era and the new "old heads" gotta understand the power of their words. Lav and Mozzy (they not the only two, but all conversation starts with them because they popularized this modern Sac banging and rapping) ain't young cats, Lav 35 and Mozzy 33, they gotta pay this shyt forward. When we and guys older than us were growing up, the streets weren't influenced by social media because social media wasn't a thing or in its infancy. The street dudes of the past eras learned off the block and moved like it, for better or worse...

Now the young wolves in the streets are online and even cats who not really active like that see what the rappers talk about and it puts batteries in the back. The content absolutely has to change and its gotta start with the guys who hold the power of influence, these nikkas mid-30s and rapping about the same shyt they were in their mid-20s and younger...

Murk this brotha had real talent he had a real chance to blow like mozzy for sac.

U put me on him i never heard of him before u brought him up

And when i heard him i seen he had real talent and started following him.

This the reason mozzy left sac and lav trying to leave u cant stay in that area with success

Philthy rich was working with him philthy helped mozzy and lav

He was going the right direction

Lav also plays the victim though, alot of his issues are because he never really changed the type of individuals he rotated with and never matured. Dude still talk and act like he 10 years younger than what he is and cries about shyt, like I think he still on parole but alota this shyt is his fault and his old ass needs to own it...

Bris is a big loss though, I been felt he was the most talented Sac artist, in a city with plenty of talent. Dude had the "it" factor and it's sad to see him go...

I heard that Sacramento been a warzone lately since the deaths of jody and squeeze

On ig some guys from Mozzy camp was laughing and making jokes about Bris death

Yeah its several people from different gangs that aren't disappointed at his death...

FagloneK caught Bris at the Jimboys on Franklin and Fruitridge and Bris tried to dip off but they domed him. Fukk a bully activeK pinkys down 3600K and alla that. BullysK click up with P nikkas because don’t nobody fw they weird asses. 42.I.P

I always said I wished he stopped gangbanging on wax, I think I may have mentioned that in this thread at some point or another one. He was always flicking with pinkies down and always dissing them on wax, that shyt ain't good karma and I wish more people were in his ear about that, like how Big U and Nip made it a point not to dis hoods on wax when they realized Nip had the key. Dude would rep his turf but never dissed. You get the energy you put out into the atmosphere and I'm a big believer in that...

Stay safe family, I mean I know how the shyt goes so I won't preach. But there is always better ways to move and bigger shyt to live for...

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
It’s starts with the music fellas. The music content has to change. It spills over to real life and you start speaking death into existence.

Disclaimer: :old:
Disclaimer 2: off topic, my bad.

Today while I was driving, NWA - Gangsta Gangsta came on. Such a flashback to my youth, but as a (much) older guy, I really wonder what damage was done to my generation with songs with messages like:

Dumb-a*s hooker ain't nothin' but a d*ke
Suddenly I see some ni**as that I don't like
Walked over to 'em, and said, "What's up?"
The first ni**a that I saw, hit him in the jaw
Ren started stompin' him, and so did E
By that time got rushed by security
Out the door, but we don't quit
Ren said: "Let's start some s*it"
I got a shotgun, and here's the plot
Takin' ni**as out with a flurry of buck shots

We decide to roll and we deep
See a ni**a on Dayton's and we creep
Real slow and before you know
I had my shotgun pointed in the window
He got scared and hit the gas
Right then I knew I has to smoke his ass

Cause I'm the E, I don't slang or bang
I just smoke motherfu*kers like it ain't no thang
And all you bit*hes, you know I'm talkin' to you
"We want to fu*k you, Eazy," I want to fu*k you too
Because you see, I don’t really take no sh*t
So let me tell you motherfu*kers who you're fuc*in' with

No value for anyone, women = bit*hes, no respect, etc.

But is it the chicken or the egg? There's a valid discussion here, but its not for this thread.

Getting older is weird...