Sacramento Music Thread...

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I try to like Hank but its really hard for me to respect cats my age and older who push it like this. I get it, cause we from the same era, and I know people don't grow at the same pace. But this nikka is pushing 40...
I understand Lav's frustration though. Mozzy and his homies dissed Lav and his nikkas for the longest and he legally couldn't say anything back to them. Mozzy blackballed him to the point where Empire/Ghazi is getting involved in gang politics and doesn't even want to do business with him. When Lav was supposed to sign to Birdman, Wack100 made a whole post saying that anybody going at Mozzy won't be signed to Cash Money. He doesn't even know dude. Of course, Mozzy nikkas were in the comment section on some "brudda brudda!" shyt cheering him on. Snubbz is supposed to be an OG and him and Uzzy Marcus just did a video dissing Bris. That's why Lav did that IG live and dropped "Still Tricky Dance Moves." Bris ain't here to defend himself, Lav has a voice so he stepped up as the OG from his side. He's not doing all this shyt unprovoked is all I'm saying. Lav has been dropping his singles and minding his business for the most part. Whatever happens in the streets happens. If I check my Youtube suggestions and see him calling dudes out by name, it's usually as a response. And I'm a fan of both Mozzy and Lavish D, for the record, but the last few posts have been one-sided and make it seem like Mozzy is not on the same bullshyt. I'm calling this shyt down the middle though. I don't know these nikkas nor have any allegiance to them.

Daps
I understand Lav's frustration though. Mozzy and his homies dissed Lav and his nikkas for the longest and he legally couldn't say anything back to them. Mozzy blackballed him to the point where Empire/Ghazi is getting involved in gang politics and doesn't even want to do business with him. When Lav was supposed to sign to Birdman, Wack100 made a whole post saying that anybody going at Mozzy won't be signed to Cash Money. He doesn't even know dude. Of course, Mozzy nikkas were in the comment section on some "brudda brudda!" shyt cheering him on. Snubbz is supposed to be an OG and him and Uzzy Marcus just did a video dissing Bris. That's why Lav did that IG live and dropped "Still Tricky Dance Moves." Bris ain't here to defend himself, Lav has a voice so he stepped up as the OG from his side. He's not doing all this shyt unprovoked is all I'm saying. Lav has been dropping his singles and minding his business for the most part. Whatever happens in the streets happens. If I check my Youtube suggestions and see him calling dudes out by name, it's usually as a response. And I'm a fan of both Mozzy and Lavish D, for the record, but the last few posts have been one-sided and make it seem like Mozzy is not on the same bullshyt. I'm calling this shyt down the middle though. I don't know these nikkas nor have any allegiance to them.

You right, alot of people don't be realizing that Mozzy keeps letting his artists do dumb shyt and I'm a fan of both Mozzy and Lavish d, yeah I remember that wack100 ig post where he said he inserting himself in Mozzy politics, I think they blackballed the cash money deal, alot of bay area rappers want to work with Lav but they scared of losing Mozzy friendship even though emozzy a few years ago said fukk the bay but the back and forth i see more from Mozzy side, snubbz is lav age he shouldn't be making songs about Bris, uzzy Marcus is allegedly a baby killer

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

I get this perspective and it isnt necessarily wrong, just incomplete but with truth to it. There can be multiple perspectives, both with validity from different angles. Heres a different one (long post alert):

My biggest issue with Lav, for such a smart dude, he hustles backwards. Blames other people for blocking his shine. Remaking the same diss tracks for a decade. And not understanding that since so many young Sac dudes look up to him (that's 100% true), his voice could empower a different attitude and climate in the city....

Lav has more credibility in Sac streets because he was actually outside as a youngster, but this idea that he was knocking shyt down is only viewed by cats younger than him. The same shyt he says about Mozzy, all can be said about him---->those of us in his age range and older, remember stories about him getting slapped up, getting pressed and not doing shyt. He is from a wild area but he was not a shooter, he was a money guy, and thats part of why the streets fukk with him. Its a fact he was on paper early, he also was a rapper at an early age. He wasn't a nikka with a citywide reputation until he started rapping...

His hood is a wild one bit it also isn't a traditionally Blood area, that area was traditionally a Rip side under the Garden Blocc/2x car, then went to a duck off area where nikkas from hoods all over Sacramento slid to hustle, then made it hot and slid off, then went to a relocation area for East Bay nikkas, then went to an evolution of Blood affiliation when Hank started repping the B off one of his jail stretches. The credibility with the B card is one of the things homie was checked for years back, because we all know it was a Crip area originally and thats why Lav is so Crip friendly compared to nikkas from heavyweight Blood hoods because there is no Blood tradition in The G, he grew up in an anti-Blood/Crip-friendly turf. That area was not Damu in The War Years of the 80s and 90s, and by the time Hank jumped off the porch in the late 90s/early 00s, it was going thru its transition to a Hotspot for Bay Area transplants...

He was a pretty boy (he named himself "lavish") rapping ass nikka from The G, who was a hustler who had paper. Even when he (allegedly) got beat up, or chased off, or checked, he was always around. And everybody knows every person in the streets takes Ls just like Ws, it happens. Its annoying to hear him gas himself as a cutthroat killer because that ain't true, and these young dudes weren't around to know differently so they take their cues from him, but one thing you can say is he was always around and as time went on and his popularity grew, he did become the face/big homie of his hood and one if the faces of the city. Wasnt always that way but he became that...

In contrast Mozzy from the original Sacramento b-dog side, but nobody outside of Oak Park knew Mozzy. Even within his hood, the read I have on him is he definitely from there, he's affiliated and his area for the most part loves him, but there are no stories of Tim chopping shyt down, there are no stories of Tim being a hustler and having money, there really is nothing of him at all. He just a nikka from Oak Park. So when Hank gets at him about not really being a street nikka, that part is fact, people know who the frontline g's from Oak Park in our age range were. Mozzy was not one of them...

Hank wasn't a shooter but from his era in his hood, people knew who he was, he wasnt a nobody...

All of this is relevant when it comes to disses between the two, because you gotta know the backstories of shyt they saying to each other...

I dont really remember who threw the first shots, but both of their sides have lost people over the years, and its always from other people (although again as both these dudes popularities grew, they became big homies to younger dudes). I can say this, when both were younger and Sac hip hop was relatively infantile and obscure, the dissing made more sense. Lav fukked up his own money by going in and outta jail like a dumbass, so him blaming Mozzy for blocking his path to the industry is a cop out for a nikka pushing 40 years old. He had a name in the city BEFORE Mozzy, he was buzzing with Bay cats BEFORE Mozzy, that nikka passing him is indicative of decisions made, and the people and places you surrounded yourself with...

Its Hank fault he kept affiliating with losers and going in and outta jail because he shoulda been the first guy from our era to put Sac on....he had the talent...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
On the same token, this is why Mozzy will never be as big as he could have been, when he passed Lav he kept "punching down" and doing diss tracks, and affiliating with cats dissing Starz, which is hustling backwards 101. There is a ceiling to how much these white owned companies will fukk with you when you're perceived as bringing violence...

All the shyt they both rap about who has snitches abd suckers in they clicks, every hood got em, and the same thing can be said both ways, so explain to me what the reward is for continually talking about it. EVERY REMARK DOES NOT DESERVE A RESPONSE...

Mozzy completely missed this principle so its a dub for him, he'll never hit the highs he was supposed to. The annoying thing to me is Lav has one more shot at this and he's reacting to it the exact same way he always has....at damn near 40...

He has a chance to get on in a bigger way and he should be bigger than milking this Mozzy beef, but Lav also aint a dummy. He is gonna get more press run an notoriety from milking the shyt now than 5 years ago, so from that standpoint it benefits him, it just has a ceiling. Personally if I was him I'd play the long game, and ignore everything cats say from Mozzy side, as I think ultimately the reward in the future will be greater...

Neither live in Sacramento full time and haven't in several years, so the bullshyt about Mozzy "running from the city" can be said both ways. Both were targets by Sac hip hop police because they made themselves targets taking ownership of hits, and both were targets for the other's hitters...

Both Mozzy and Lav from wild sections but its funny hearing Lav call Mozzy "friendly", because in reference to they hoods, Oak Park has more of a reputation. G Parkway has legends and hitters but nobody fears The G and they don't have 1000 funks outside. They get along with everybody on the South....Oak Park literally has no real allies, besides the Bloods and Nortes in the hood. For 50 years Oak Park been all over the city beefing with nikkas from literally everywhere. Cats dissing The P so much because the legacy of them shytting in other hoods is legit, they've taken plenty of L's but everybody know they snatched plenty of cats from many a hood. Enes, Asians, Crips, Bloods, thats not a "get along" gang or section and with a bunch of hoods on they neck they still have generation after generation on the front lines...

Though I'm not a major fan of either, I do "like" both, and the overall impact both have had on giving Sac a foot in the door of rap on a national level, is something to be acknowledged despite its flaws, but I'm over older nikkas misleading people and acting yhe same way they did 10 years ago. Sac is a smaller, but less violent, Chicago. It aint a city where cats are dying all the time, but these young nikkas ARE emulating Chicago, the young rappers ALL bang on wax and several have died and gone up the road to prison. Bris was the one young rapper we had with real breakthrough potential, to me, you aren't defending him by stepping in his beef with Zilla...

He and Lav didn't even know each other like that, and the beef Fruitridge and Parkway have with OPB clicks are separate and are just meshed thru rap shyt and a shared enemy. Ridge cats politicking with nikkas from The G is some relatively new shyt, they weren't enemies but these weren't two sides taking on each others beefs outside, so the idea that Hank is defending Bris is immature and contrived...

All the cats his age from his side can take care of that. Thats not an OG play from Hank who talks about himself as if he is one, and furthermore he dissing another set that them nikkas was never known to be at it with...

There's just a better way to do this at this stage, but I may be more emotional in my opinions because I'm from Sacramento and care more about what's best for Sacramento hip hop, than who wins the Mozzy/CML "beef" or "war", or who sounds better talking they shyt, be it a response or not. I dont give a fukk to hear these nikkas talking the same way they were in 2016, and 2012, and in Lav's case, years before that. We've heard all this from both of them before. At this point its gay as fukk...

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
this video i just stumbled across on youtube attests to a lot of what @murksiderock just spoke on regarding Sacramento hood politics

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Mozzy is talented, no doubt, but I'd still take Bo's discography over his any day of the week.

BeeGoinCrazy

#KKworldbrazy #SacBarz
Daps
Reppin
The 916
You right, alot of people don't be realizing that Mozzy keeps letting his artists do dumb shyt and I'm a fan of both Mozzy and Lavish d, yeah I remember that wack100 ig post where he said he inserting himself in Mozzy politics, I think they blackballed the cash money deal, alot of bay area rappers want to work with Lav but they scared of losing Mozzy friendship even though emozzy a few years ago said fukk the bay but the back and forth i see more from Mozzy side, snubbz is lav age he shouldn't be making songs about Bris, uzzy Marcus is allegedly a baby killer
The bay always sneak diss us :mjlol: but also Suspects Identified In Child's Death In 4th Of July Drive-By Shooting