S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (September 5, 2024)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The more time passes the more this game looks like a niche AA game

Which I like, but I don't think they should have rolled this out like it was a heavy hitter

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The more time passes the more this game looks like a niche AA game

Which I like, but I don't think they should have rolled this out like it was a heavy hitter

I think in that 2022-23 timeframe it was originally supposed to come out it was supposed to be. Not really sure how big of a splash it makes in late 2024 or beyond

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I think in that 2022-23 timeframe it was originally supposed to come out it was supposed to be. Not really sure how big of a splash it makes in late 2024 or beyond
That's only a year/year and a half difference, a 2022 AAA game is still a AAA game in 2024, it's not like there's a huge technological advancement or new console gen.

This game was never a AAA game, plain and simple. But it was marketed as such, which I think won't go over well.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's only a year/year and a half difference, a 2022 AAA game is still a AAA game in 2024, it's not like there's a huge technological advancement or new console gen.

This game was never a AAA game, plain and simple. But it was marketed as such, which I think won't go over well.

A good looking AA game can be used as a tentpole release before there’s a ton of next gen offerings is all im saying. Like, people were hype about Scorn….

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
A good looking AA game can be used as a tentpole release before there’s a ton of next gen offerings is all im saying. Like, people were hype about Scorn….
Scorn wasn't AAA either tho

I see what you're trying to say, but I don't think this is comparable to something like scorn or returnal

This game is like "what if atomic heart had a fallout marketing budget"

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Scorn wasn't AAA either tho

I see what you're trying to say, but I don't think this is comparable to something like scorn or returnal

This game is like "what if atomic heart had a fallout marketing budget"

Curious, what makes you think it looks AA? I’ve only seen screenshots and short clips and it looks on par with some AAA games

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Curious, what makes you think it looks AA? I’ve only seen screenshots and short clips and it looks on par with some AAA games
The story is valid as it's a sequel to a game that has a legitimately good story, but the production values of some the trailers aren't completely there:

^ compare this to something like TLOU2 and TLOU2 looks night and day better cinematically

The game looks fun and good, don't get me wrong, but this isn't what a AAA experience looks like

And yet I see the game everywhere on almost every major gaming event and in ads, which is great, but it's building hype that I think will backfire because I think this will end up being just a solid 20 ish hour story based campaign

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The story is valid as it's a sequel to a game that has a legitimately good story, but the production values of some the trailers aren't completely there:

^ compare this to something like TLOU2 and TLOU2 looks night and day better cinematically

The game looks fun and good, don't get me wrong, but this isn't what a AAA experience looks like

And yet I see the game everywhere on almost every major gaming event and in ads, which is great, but it's building hype that I think will backfire because I think this will end up being just a solid 20 ish hour story based campaign

Oh wow, the second video definitely is not what i was expecting it to look like. It looks worse than Metro Exodus. You’re right….

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Oh wow, the second video definitely is not what i was expecting it to look like. It looks worse than Metro Exodus. You’re right….
Which again, metro exodus isn't a BAD game, it's a solid, good game

This looks worse than that, if anything I'm expecting a passable game with an exceptional story

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I bought the Ultimate Edition like 6 months ago thinking it would get released in December 2023. Now it's September 2024 :francis: