RZA vs Premier IG Live Battle

Jimmy the gent

I'm still eatin off Lufthansa
Daps
Reppin
North Side Perth
Fam thats prince paul
Damn u got to it before me Tek, Rza did co-produce a little on the album. But 6 feet deep came about from Prince Paul making a bunch of dark beats, pissed off with the industry and put together 3 mcs basically in the same place at the time. I thought it was pretty well known Paul did that shyt

Jards

All Star
Daps
Was talking to one of my producer friends esrlier about this. I said Havoc vs Large Professor would be ill. Two Queens legends.

Beatminerz are my personal favorite producers of all time but the average cat doesn't really know their discography like that. But just style wise, I think Beatminerz vs Buckwild would be dope.

I would like to see Diamond D flex his muscle on some of these battles too. Diamond is a fukking monster.

Show & AG as well:

:whew:

:scust:

:damn:

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
My opinion is insanely biased but track for track I think Walt and Evil Dee absolutely body Havoc. Problem is outside diehards, people aren't familiar with their work. It's like 98% underground artists and BCC.

The Beatminerz should definitely be in the mix if we're talking 90's NY producers. Their version of 'Brown Sugar' might be my all time favorite RnB remix.

I would lowkey like to see Buckwild get busy in one of these battles too.:ehh:

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The Beatminerz should definitely be in the mix if we're talking 90's NY producers. Their version of 'Brown Sugar' might be my all time favorite RnB remix.

I would lowkey like to see Buckwild get busy in one of these battles too.:ehh:
Word. He got some fire. He even did You Wouldn't Understand for Nas on Life Is Good.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm still trying to figure out how Preme is going to follow on from "Triumph"? "NY State of Mind" could follow "CREAM" but I'm stuck on that one.

"DWYCK" and "Mass Appeal" aren't hard enough, "Supa Star" wasn't a moment like "Triumph" was. "Nas Is Like" maybe?

Boom is chopped liver now? He can close with that easy

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah their catalogue is too light in comparison. Havoc needs to battle another GOAT. Pete Rock or Alc?

Collectively They produced just as many classic Albums as Havoc if not more :comeon: . Cats aren't running a fade with them without any problems.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Damn u got to it before me Tek, Rza did co-produce a little on the album. But 6 feet deep came about from Prince Paul making a bunch of dark beats, pissed off with the industry and put together 3 mcs basically in the same place at the time. I thought it was pretty well known Paul did that shyt

Except he didn't. That Diary of a Madman beat was done by RZA and RNS.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Crooklyn Dodgers 2 qualifies but uh he had the worst verse on there. And those other two are nowhere near Primo's best shyt.
My overall point is if this is a 20 song battle Crooklyn Dodgers 2 is the only OC we should hear. And that isn't an OC song it is a posse cut for a movie soundtrack he appeared on. I like OC but he isn't some seminal artist.

Nah Jewelz album is a classic breh, the work Premo did on it is exceptional, OC was in top form too

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I'm still trying to figure out how Preme is going to follow on from "Triumph"? "NY State of Mind" could follow "CREAM" but I'm stuck on that one.

"DWYCK" and "Mass Appeal" aren't hard enough, "Supa Star" wasn't a moment like "Triumph" was. "Nas Is Like" maybe?

Boom, Nas is Like, something from Big will dilute Triump