RZA vs Premier IG Live Battle

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
The RZA slander was at an all time high.. You'd think he was just some flash in the pants bum... nikkas really saying he lost it and couldn't do it no more.... Boy played 3 joints unreleased and even Preme was like :lupe::merchant::damn:

nikka still out here finding new talent.. In Chi of all places, pulled out a dope lyricist with a new sound/flow

Reverend William Burkes been cool with him since like 05. That guy just never puts music out lol

Words on the hook is amazing. Produced by RZA

if RZA was serious about music, easily he can make more stars.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
RZA COULDVE gotten killed if Premo played it right. Lol. If I had a Premo set to work with I woulda put in work. To be fair same if I had a RZA set. But for the crowd. I woulda had banger after banger for Premo.
I view it the other way. The rza still won but shyt coulda been a massacre. Rza coulda just grabbed the 20 best tracks off Cuban Linx and Ironman and dominated.

But fukk it. We were all bound to be disappointed cause we all have our own favorites. At the end of the day those are the tracks they chose. They prolly picked the 20 tracks that meant the most to them personally. So we just gotta respect it:yeshrug:

I think can all agree rza and premo are the 2 GOATS. To me Rza, preme, and Dre are on that godly tier nobody can ever reach because they laid the blueprint for everything’s that happening today:yeshrug:.....yea I know there was the 80’s era. But the 90’s is where hip hop really went to the next stratosphere. That era will never be touched again.

I’m just glad the Rza had a chance to remind the world of his influence. Yea Premo had a shytload of classics. No question. But rza had the type of classics that changed the landscape of hip hop. Cream. Triumph. Method man. Brooklyn zoo. Ice cream. Protect ya neck. Just look at all of the producers we love today. Dilla. Madlib. Kanye. Alchemist. 9th wonder. All of these guys got their style from the rza. Soul sample flipping changed hip hop forever. That’s why Rza’s the GOAT :blessed:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Did Busta ever release his RZA tracks? They allegedly had Ghost & Rae hatin a$$es WOWED. Nas finally did.

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, I dont care who won or who lost.

We all won!!

Swizz and Timb promote it as a battle but this is entertainment of legends (all the battles so far) and it is a win for the Culture.

Being born in '82, this was pure joy going back in time. I was talking to my girl on Facetime, she was away for work and cant come home right now, and we were geeking to this shyt, trying to figure out the next song.

Best night of quarantine so far.

Now i really want to see Pete Rock, Q-Tip, Havoc, Quik, Sermon battle next

Quik vs Warren G :banderas:

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
All this Rza did this and Primo did that :gucci:

This was a celebration of 2 icons,you can’t call a winner in this .. just appreciate the moment they gave us :blessed:

I think initially everyone went in wanting a battle, and seeing who's the best...or at least the best from that set of tracks. People wanted to declare a winner. BUT, about a quarter through, everyone realized the work these guys put in, and their excellent catalog and just started appreciating it, and enjoying it. The fact that IG Live didn't cut off, and Premo & RZA both wanted to keep going, even before Swizz said they could...

I think if anything, this made the skeptics throw RZA in that upper echelon that he belongs. It's RZA, Premo & Dre as the trinity and everyone else falls under them.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
In my opinion they both didnt do this battle to beat one another.

It was a union of love and respect. The gems they dropped in between were dope as fukk.

RZA telling Preemo to play Guru's verse on DWYCK was dope as fukk.
Rza not even putting triumph and cream in his top 20 shows you he wasn’t really trying to show preme up. But once premo came with that 10 crack commandments in the bonus round rza was like “ok I got you. you made me do this” :mjgrin:

the respect they showed for each other was dope as hell. But it was also dope to see their competitiveness start to come out. When Rza opened up with liquid swords then premo answered back with the Vol.1 intro:damn:......they both came out swinging. As a rza stan I was sweatin bullets :sadcam:

I’ve watched this whole shyt like 3 times already. Legendary night. I stopped scoring 5 rounds in. Just had to sit back and appreciate greatness:wow:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
RZA from 93-97 had the best run ever imo. But his best work was with a handful of artists on a handful of albums. That made his list kind of predictable outside of Maria and Run. Gravel Pit was wack to me. While Primo worked with dozens of artists. The only reason we talk about Group Home is becuz of his production

I used to rap a little and it’s hard to rhyme over RZA beats and not sound like a Wu member. While over Primo beats you can be yourself. A lot of work from RZA could be movie scores. shyt was just a dope moment in hip hop tho. Both of them nikkas showed off and I wasn’t mad at any of the choices

@Blacksands if you ever make a movie outta one of your comics, you should consider hitting up RZA, Madlib, and Preem for a soundtrack breh :wow:

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I'm disgusted by how nikkas disrespect rza like they were babies when he was doing music!

Rza can't be fukked with as a producer. He does shyt to beats no one else does. His beats are just....unlike anything other producers create.

You can copy any other producer (premo included) and just be like "I'm doing me", but if you cut and flip and sample like rza heads instantly recognize.

Sorry but rza on a whole nother level.