RZA vs Premier IG Live Battle

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
the only good song in otherwise a disappointing album (pitch black's not sig sounds v 1)...remember seeing the video and like :ohhh:, thought album would be full of similar bangers of It's All Real...nope :francis:
You bought it? LOL

I'm actually surprised Premo didn't go with more Mash Out, especially against the harder Wu-Posse cuts. I also expected hm to play some of his work with Eiht-Hype

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
RZA COULDVE gotten killed if Premo played it right. Lol. If I had a Premo set to work with I woulda put in work. To be fair same if I had a RZA set. But for the crowd. I woulda had banger after banger for Premo.

Bro, there's literally NO WAY RZA could've gotten killed (unless he consciously chose to play his worst joints). 93-97 RZA just too good. I don't care what Preemo played. Lost? Maybe. Killed? Hell nah. This is what I was telling nikkas. Cats literally forgot how dope RZA was and now got fat eggs on their face. I was sitting there lastnight laughing at dudes acting all surprised at how many immaculate shyt RZA done made :heh:

Last edited:

Jshockmtl

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, I dont care who won or who lost.

We all won!!

Swizz and Timb promote it as a battle but this is entertainment of legends (all the battles so far) and it is a win for the Culture.

Being born in '82, this was pure joy going back in time. I was talking to my girl on Facetime, she was away for work and cant come home right now, and we were geeking to this shyt, trying to figure out the next song.

Best night of quarantine so far.

Now i really want to see Pete Rock, Q-Tip, Havoc, Quik, Sermon battle next

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Bro, there's literally NO WAY RZA could've gotten killed (unless he consciously chose to play his worst joints). 93-97 RZA just too good. I don't care what Preemo played. Lost? Maybe. Killed? Hell nah. This is what I was telling nikkas. Cats literally forgot how dope RZA was and now got fat eggs on their face. I was sitting there lastnight laughing at dudes acting all surprised at how many immaculate shyt RZA done made :heh:
U right. I don’t mean to say killed. But def could’ve lost clearly. Depending on how Premo did it. shyt. RZA could’ve won clearly depending on what he played and based on what Premo played last night.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This was dope as fukk but there was seemingly no rhyme or reason (no pun intended) to the songs they chose. Both of them left blatantly obvious choices out of their set list.

"Memory Lane" being the most egregious offense for Primo. And Rza left out "For Heaven's Sake", "Reunited", "Triumph" (until the 'bonus round'), "Glaciers Of Ice"....too many to name really. The thing about Primo's set, I heard almost every song I expected to hear.

Oh well. It was a tie to me.

Fred.