RZA vs Premier IG Live Battle

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
EVYCHzuWAAEJiDo

20 songs was the official number for the battle so anything after that doesn't count.

1: Premo
2: RZA
3:Premo
4:RZA
5:RZA
6:RZA
7:RZA
8:Premo
9:RZA
10: Premo
11: Premo
12: RZA
13: Premo
14: Premo
15: Premo
16: RZA
17: Premo
18: Premo
19: RZA
20: Tie
21: Tie
22: Premo
23: Premo
24: Premo
26: Tie
27: Premo

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
I was talking to my mans about this 3 days ago and he brought up Eric Sermon, who even I forget has produced so many classic tracks in his time. The fact that he is a member of EPMD clouds my memory in forgetting he's also dope as fukk behind the boards for going on over 30 years.
I was just listening to the last 2 EPMD albums the other night :banderas: beats is crazy

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Why did Preem save that Christina Aguilera joint for so late? :dwillhuh:
Did you watch the battle live? It didn’t really connect. This wasn’t the battle to flex your pop muscles.
I don’t think he planned to play it. Low key shytted on Gravel Pit by using that as the gateway to pop records :dead:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Here's how I scored this...just for shyts and giggles...

1. Liquid Swords vs. A Million and One Questions - Both came out swingin! Edged it to Rza, 1-0.
2. Bring the Pain vs. Breakin' the Rules - Rza 2-0.
3. Maria vs Mathematics - Preme. 2-1 Rza.
4. Wu-Gambinos vs The Enemy - OB4CL is one of my greatest albums ever, but I was feelin the Big L selection. 2-2 tie.
5. Run vs MCs Act Like They Dont Know - God damn, Im givin his one a tie, I don't care - 3-3 tie.
6. Shame on a nikka vs Real Hip Hop - Another tie - 4-4. This battle is even as hell.
7. Protect Ya Neck vs Livin Proof - Preme's production on Livin Proof is amazing, this is the birth of the Wu right here. No contest. 5-4 Rza.
8. Cold World vs. Devil's Pie - Its hard not always going wih Liquid Swords, but the D'Angelo swerve was a nice move by Premo. 5-5 tie.
9. Method Man vs Just to Get a Rep - Rep is classic, but I think Preem coulda pulled out Full Clip, Work, Royalty or You Know My Steez here. 6-5 Rza.
10. Motherless Child vs D'Evils - Ah fukk this is hard. I love Rzas soulful production, but Im gonna edge it to Preme here. 6-6 tie.
11. Verbal Intercourse vs. Nas is Like - Goddamn this shyt is impossible. I gotta go Nas Is Like though. - 7-6 Preme takes the lead.
12. Buck 50 vs The ? Remains - I appreciate Preme goin unorthodox here, but Buck 50 is too much of a banger. 7-7 tie.
13. Ice Cream vs Unbelievable - LOL Preme was holdin onto Big as a secret weapon - 8-7 Preme.
14. Brooklyn Zoo vs Come Clean - Whether or not Rza is cheatin here lol, Come Clean is such a unique, dope beat. 9-7 Preme.
15. Shimmy Shimmy Ya vs. Kick in the Door - I mean how do you even compare such iconic, unique timeless classics? But Ill go Rza here. 9-8 Preme.
16. Long Kiss Goodnight vs. Above the Clouds - Classic (and controversial) BIG, but Above the Clouds is like supernatural hip-hop. 10-8 Preme.
17. Assassination Day vs NY State of Mind - Rza slipped up by not dropping Triumph here IMO. Preme drops the A-Bomb weve all been waiting for and is coasting now. 11-8 Preme.
18. Criminology vs DWYCK - Rza realizes hes gotta throw some haymakers here. Two timeless classics...Rae and Ghost are just too powerful - 11-9 Preme.
19. Incarcerated Scarfaces vs Boom - Boom's an amazing song, but OB4CL is OB4CL. Rza catching up by getting in his OB4CL bag. 11-10 Preme.
20. All I Need vs Ten Crack Commandments - Goddamn this might have been the hardest choice on the night. I normally woulda tied it but Primo's scratched intro gave me chills. 12-10 Preme.
21. C.R.E.A.M. vs Mass Appeal - LOL this shyt is really like Batman vs Superman at this point. But C.R.E.A.M. is THE sound of NYC winter. 12-11 Preme.
22. Wu-Tang Clan Aint Nothin to fukk With vs Return of the Crooklyn Dodgers - Love the ROTCD beat, but Wu Tang Clan aint nothin to fukk with. 12-12 tie again!
23. Dark Fantasy vs Classic - Close as hell, but Dark Fantasy probably had more of a cultural impact. Rza takes the lead. 13-12 Rza.
24. Triumph vs Represent - I personally like the Represent beat better, but Triumph is iconic so Im gonna tie it. 13-12 Rza.
25. Tanasia vs Friend or Foe - Probably the only time Ill ever put a Jay song over a Nas song so savor the moment Hov stans. - 13-13 tie.
26. Its Yourz vs So Ghetto - So Ghetto's a banger, but Its Yourz is another one of those defining Wu moments for me. 14-13 Rza.
27. Gravel Pit vs Aint No Other Man - Lol no comment. Actually nah I like both songs but Aint No Other Man is the better beat to me. But Id rather listen to Meth n Ghost over Xtina so tie. - 14-13 Rza.
28. A Better Tomorrow vs. I Gave You Power - Rza just playing newer Wu is when Preme realizes he can strike. 14-14 tie.

What an amazing moment for hip-hop. Salute to them for doing this for the fans. Both of their collections are so deep we could easily have a rematch. If we're going by the first 20 joints I edged it to Premier but really everyone was a winner last night.

Last edited: