RZA vs Premier IG Live Battle

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
to add what @DMVLeGenD said, RZA played a Joey Badass joint

He played a real short snippet of a what sounded like an unreleased Nas track as well

Can anyone name some of the better premo/Rza beats hat didn’t make the cut on this. I want to add to RZa vs Preem mix I just made off this.

Fat Joe - shyt is Real Remix and Success Remix

Gangstarr/MOP - Half and Half

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
What a night :wow:

They talked about doing a part 2. I wouldn't be mad at all if they waited until the lockdown was over and did it somewhere in the flesh once the coast is clear again.

So who's up next after Teddy and Face? :jbhmm:

Grew up on this NYC staple music all the way in London

Me too :wow:

This shyt gave me crazy flashbacks to performances at the Westwood Carnival stage on Bank Holiday Monday.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I said it earlier RZA’s 7 years is basically equivalent to MOST producer’s 15. RZA got beats for DAYS.

Zig, RZA's run was dominance. It was like Serena in tennis. Tiger in golf. Mike during his 6 chips. For 5 or 6 years everything he did was gold. nikkas saying he was gonna get washed was just being dumb.

Hyman Roth

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Tie for me. RZA probably played the better songs but Premo had the better beats. Too many close/even rounds to clearly decide a winner IMO.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
For all my young brothas out there that discovered Rza produced "Long Kiss Goodnight" it's all good but as Hip Hop fans we should be checking the credits of the albums we listen too. Because I did get a chuckle out of so many people online like: "OMG RZA PRODUCED LONG KISS GOODNIGHT", lol. But no shade, glad people are appreciating he did that beat. Here's the original version with Rza and Cappadonna talking sh!t in the background with Biggie. I think Biggie, NaS and Kanye was the only "Non-Wu" records he played. Premo was hitting him with some hard Biggie records too....during the battle I was like "Come on Rza I know you got the secret weapon" and then boom he dropped it, lol.

Biggie quote at the end that was edited out of the LP Version: "I was tryin to be on some Humble sh!t, F*ck that man...guess It time to toot my own horn motherf*cker toot, toot. I'm the nicest N!gga in the game face motherf*ckin facts. On the lyrics side, see me, wordplay see me, fist fights see me N!gga. The Only reason I ain't naming not names, is because I don't want to give you B!tcha$$ N!ggas a chance to make a f*ckin record and sell a few units"

EVYCHzuWAAEJiDo

:whoo:

This is a ridiculous track list. Do you all realize BOTH Premo and Rza held back? That's how many Classics they have. This shyt would be like a Classic Triple LP Compilation.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
So many artists showed up and supported too.
Adrian Younge
Jay Electronica
QTip
9th Wonder
Black Thought
Swizz
and many, many others.
Like Hip-Hop really supported!!
A bunch of legends and contemporary greats chilling in a giant chatroom praising
RZA and Premo for having helped shape Hip-Hop into what it is today. That shyt was mad cool.

Nas
Nore
Drake
Nicki Minaj
Fab Five Freddy
Ed Lover
Bun B
Dave East
The list goes on and on.
Even Danielle Fishel and Adrian Brody was up there.
You’re both forgetting the most important person
ewNLgzk.gif

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
EVYCHzuWAAEJiDo

20 songs was the official number for the battle so anything after that doesn't count.

1. tie
2. RZA
3. Primo
4. RZA
5. RZA
6. RZA
7. RZA
8. RZA
9. RZA
10. RZA
11. Primo
12. RZA
13. tie
14. Primo
15. Primo
16. Primo
17. Primo
18. RZA
19. RZA
20. Primo

11-7-2 in favor of RZA.

Primo with some head scratching choices. He should have put Devil's Pie vs Maria for an easy round. Living Proof over Supa Star? His first 10 didn't have the heavy hitters. He was hoping RZA exhausted his. He was holding Mass Appeal until CREAM was played but it's not clearly beating CREAM so he should have used it earlier. How do you forget Memory Lane?:mindblown:

If RZA swapped out Maria for 4th Chamber, added CREAM and Triumph into his 20 it's an easy win. He forgot Chessboxin:snoop:
  1. Tie
  2. RZA
  3. Primo
  4. RZA
  5. I said RZA last night but it could be a tie
  6. RZA
  7. RZA
  8. RZA
  9. RZA
  10. RZA
  11. Primo
  12. RZA
  13. Primo
  14. Primo (RZA didn’t produce Brooklyn Zoo)
  15. Primo
  16. Primo
  17. Primo
  18. Primo
  19. RZA
  20. RZA
  21. RZA
  22. RZA
  23. RZA
  24. RZA
  25. Primo
  26. Primo
  27. Primo
  28. Primo
so if we go off the first twenty I got RZA winning 10-8-2. And if I have to choose I’m giving both the ties to RZA.

If we include everything RZA still wins 14-12-2.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
The concept of having producers battle is dope, but when they get into playing all of these classics back to back, it doesn't even matter to me who wins what. This was a celebration of Hip Hop, at the end of the day. Definitely a testament to their collective greatness and a really dope walk down memory lane.

Premier is the GOAT, to me. But when you have dudes like him and RZA up there, it's almost disrespectful to make it about who won and who lost. There is no "loss" when you can sit for three hours and play nothing but classic work. These guys blessed us last night with some history and what's made Hip Hop so beautiful for most of us. Everything about last night is what the culture was built on. Two legends coming together to hit the people with music we've all loved our whole lives.

On a side note, Primo held back. Dude has a million tracks that he could've played that I was waiting for, that he kept on ice. It was clear that he was just trying to have fun.

NYK Loyalist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These are my two favorite producers so this was incredible to me. They were like superheroes to me as a kid.

For the most part they played the right records but a couple I was confused by. M.O.P. was a bad choice for his 2nd song and why did RZA play Brooklyn Zoo? Did he ghost produce or something ?

Also this might be personal preference but I would have much rather RZA went to Black Jesus instead of Assassination Day and I wished he would of fit 97 Mentality in there. Premier had a bunch of couple I wished he went a different direction on also but overall this was :blessed: