Ryse Reviews

Audible101

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Göteborg, Sverige
I was waching the IGN Xbone pre launch stream playing this game. I thought the graphics were actually pretty nice, beautiful artwork. Then i kept seeing the same fat barbarian enemy with the man boobs like 6 times :wtf:

Shame because it looks so pretty.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
whoa....

didn't i see something about ryse being a breakthrough smash hit that was unexpected??

Wasn't it meach who posted some review from some sight in Alaska?

How many times the dude got to slice a niqqa to get a kill??

At least u guys have forza.... only reviews i trust are sesslers and he gave it a 5/5, i did hear forza 4 had 600 cars and this one only has 200...also less tracks...still no night time racing or weather....but whatever...congrats.

I seen the reviews for dead rising, alot of zombies but the game play looks the same, i never liked that game anyway, but i guess it got a good score, slightly above average, something for u xbots to enjoy...

What else....oh killer instinct, ill wait to see what the coli says about this game, game reviewers arent really hardcore fighter guys so they may miss some errors in the game that a tournament level player might see....

I suppose a solid launch for a Roku with a graphics card...........

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Lets be honest, we all knew this game was trash. Imagine if they hadn't improved those graphics though. And lol at comparing this shyt to Knack being their saving grace. FOH.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Yep about expected the scores are all over the place. It just depends what you want in a game.

Not horrible. If you read some of the reviews, they say you'll get more out of the combat if you actually try, but this game was always just a graphical showpiece, and I think it's succeeded at that.

I'll buy it, then trade it back in and get KI :blessed:

Better than knack :yeshrug:

Better than knack... That concludes a successful launch

oahlia64hibh.png

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
From kotaku

We've got a head-turning beauty of bloody historical fiction set at the time of Nero nearly two millennia ago. This is a third-person action game, though it doesn't look that much like action games I've played before. We don't play many games set in this era nor have we gamers had many chances to line up with centurions against barbarians in ancient Rome or charge the shores of Roman-occupied Britannia.

We also don't play many games where the camera is in this tight. The characters are often massive in Ryse, as if the designers wanted to impress you with the Xbox One's graphics by making it seem like you're closer to them. "Here, look at this!" Ryse says as it grabs you by the collar and moves your face to the TV.

Some games show off graphics just to, well, show off. Rarely can you point to great graphics and say that they improve the gameplay, but in Ryse, they do. They help distinguish Ryse from being just another brawler. They excuse, to some extent, the game's constricting linearity and invisible walls. They aidRyse's gameplay by supporting a melee combat system that works best if you, the player, visually "reads" your character's movements.

See, Ryse risks being an awful game by introducing the oddity of combat sequences that are impossible to fail. The game allows the player to activate optionally-interactive finishing sequences, dubbed as "executions," that will work play out and kill an enemy even if you do nothing. What could be a travesty, however, turns out to be something novel and enjoyable: a combat system that switches from manual to automated and that, when it switches, rewards players who read the graphics well. It empowers the player who can anticipate their character's next moves based on his complicated animations and who can do this with such finesse that they can rack up scores, chain combos, purchase more extravagant moves and, all the while, infuse their character with better and better stat boosts.

Sounds like its worth a try to me. Don't think I've ever played a game like this before

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You didn't play Heavenly Sword? Because this game seems to be a poor mans version of that game, and that was a PS3 launch title IIRC. And I could argue Heavenly Sword had more depth to it.

I played heavenly sword. I had a pretty good time with it. This seems to be a bit different though. I look forward to trying it out