Ryan Coogler & Michael B. Jordan vampire film "Sinners"

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
EXCLUSIVE: Looks like It’s down to three studios on the year’s hottest auction, the untitled genre thriller that will reunite writer/director Ryan Coogler and Michael B. Jordan, Deadline hears. Sony, Warner Bros and Universal are still battling it out for a deal that would allow Coogler to start production this summer. It might also portend a longer relationship for the hitmaker-with-heart filmmaker and his Proximity Media.

Here’s what I’ve heard. Coogler’s script is a period genre film that is a true star vehicle for Jordan, who has worked with the director on Fruitvale Station and the Creed and Black Panther franchises. The numbers being thrown around for worldwide rights are large, but not out of line given the commercial track record of both men. I’ve heard the film’s budget is around $90 million. There has also been discussion of potential co-ownership of the IP. As well as potential “put” pictures for Coogler and his Proximity Media. Landing Coogler post-Black Panther as a cornerstone filmmaker would be extremely valuable to any of these studios; he has done nothing but hatch hits and critically acclaimed pictures since he broke in to the business with Fruitvale Station. He’ll produce this film with Proximity Media’s Zinzi Coogler and Sev Ohanian, with Rebecca Cho exec producing.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I’m not watching a Black Panther movie with no T’Challa

Until they recast i’m not watching those movies. I don’t care about anyone’s opinions to the contrary, argue with your mother about it.

Dumpster Man GIF - Dumpster Man Throw Out GIFs

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:unimpressed:if Coogler was this genius yall think he is..he'd make a Vampire Hunter that hunts AFRICAN MYTHOLOGICAL DEMON/MONSTER through out the Diaspora and Africa.

But since he is a dumbass writer/porducer/film maker you won't get dope shyt like this...

I'd make a film set in Louisiana and the opening scene is MBJ hunting the Rougarou with a bad ass dark creole chick as his assistant. Set it in the 1930s and get to work...but nope.

When you got a dumb ass like Coogler this what you gon get....fukkery.

He NEEDS HIS ASS KICK FOR RUINING TCHALLA
Ok, so go write your script and sell it and get a studio to sign on to making the story you want to see

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
WB?

Gotdamn this shyt finna be trash now :mjlol:

They bout to Matrix Resurrection this shyt :mjlol:
Smh.....this is why I need to write movie professionally...anime influenced?

Who is gonna tell this negro the truth????

Anime doesn't translate well to film.

That dumb ass shyt he did with Creed 3 made ne wanna cut the TV off

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
WB?

Gotdamn this shyt finna be trash now :mjlol:

They bout to Matrix Resurrection this shyt :mjlol:
Feige was begging for Coogler after making Creed with WB to come save the BP film. He'll be aight bro.

Smh.....this is why I need to write movie professionally...anime influenced?

Who is gonna tell this negro the truth????

Anime doesn't translate well to film.

That dumb ass shyt he did with Creed 3 made ne wanna cut the TV off
There's levels between Coogler and MBJ as directors breh. The anime influences could very well be in storytelling .

Edit: After reading your other post you're probably just a hating ass nikka that is more disappointed his idea wont/aint popped off yet. No hard feelings. Good luck tho.

Last edited:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Feige was begging for Coogler after making Creed with WB to come save the BP film. He'll be aight bro.

There's levels between Coogler and MBJ as directors breh. The anime influences could very well be in storytelling .

Edit: After reading your other post you're probably just a hating ass nikka that is more disappointed his idea wont/aint popped off yet. No hard feelings. Good luck tho.
Nope. I'm not. I'm just an artistic genius.