Ryan Coogler & Michael B. Jordan vampire film "Sinners"

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
And you just know Jonathan Majors would have been in it if not for... :snoop:
My first thought as well :francis:

Probably would have pitched it a long time ago to execs but probably had to wait until that shyt cleared up just in terms of being clear of it.

Michael B couldnt even promote Creed 3 like he wanted to (Cause no case they were going to promote Majors for Best Supp Actor nod)

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
why not just make Blade for Disney?

Their vision of Blade would probably be destroyed by the Feigeverse, because it needs to align with his vision for the MCU... "You can't do that... or this... this needs to happen, so this makes sense in this movie. Make sure to throw in a few one liners..."

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Their vision of Blade would probably be destroyed by the Feigeverse, because it needs to align with his vision for the MCU... "You can't do that... or this... this needs to happen, so this makes sense in this movie. Make sure to throw in a few one liners..."
Coogler has said nothing but good things working with Marvel.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think both things can be true. Coogler and Feige are on great terms.
Eyes of Wakanda is releasing this year and seems he got more freedom on the animation. Ironheart is releasing next year.

However, the vampire movie he's trying to make isnt something that would fit in the MCU. I hope it is more like Jordan Peele where its truly different. However, if its basically Blade with Michael B. Jordan then it would look suspect lol

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I think both things can be true. Coogler and Feige are on great terms.
Eyes of Wakanda is releasing this year and seems he got more freedom on the animation. Ironheart is releasing next year.

However, the vampire movie he's trying to make isnt something that would fit in the MCU. I hope it is more like Jordan Peele where its truly different. However, if its basically Blade with Michael B. Jordan then it would look suspect lol

Second, not saying that Coogler and Feige hate each other, but at the end of the day... sometimes creative differences will cause directors to leave a project because they can't align; the Director has a vision for how the movie should be made, but the Producer is choking up that vision, because it needs to make sense with the future.