Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
This a respectable answer. I just wasnt aware that its acceptable to commit possible war crimes in the name of defending the homeland. And I dont mean that in like a sarcastic way or anything, I literally thought the ukrainians were trying to play it cool and be like the west but between the hundreds of instances of torture of russian pows, the treatment of black migrants, and now the use of cluster bombs I dont see how anybody can say that ukraine is a western style country. The french resistance didnt do the nazis that way. But you know who did act like some savages on their ww2 revenge tour? The soviets. I guess I just feel like the victory is a bit tainted by stooping down to their level when they are already beating the dog shyt out of putins thugs without using these weapons. Its the difference between the success of the nonviolent civil rights movement in mainstream america vs movements like the panthers and the noi, who while just as righteous in the cause, did not advocate the same methods of resistance. Maybe Im just naive

Nazi collaborators in France were executed after the war.
do you know what a quisling is?
you obviously don't know shyt.

and no, you are not naive.
you are a clown.

there is a huge difference.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I just gave you the example, France had every right to wipe Germany from the face of the Earth, as did Britain. They both beat back Germany (with US heavy lifting) and then later helped rebuild an integrate West Germany into the intl community of the free world. If what you say is true any and everything is on the table then why tf do we have war crimes tribunals and laws governing war for? Just cause they broke the law doesnt give us an excuse to do it

and there was absolutely no need to bomb Dresden, that was pure spite and revenge.

I might be getting off-track here, but some French might have been more complicit in their dealings with the Nazis than some think though :whistle:

yup, at least enough of them.

the US rebuilt germany (and france and the UK) and japan. doesn't change the fact that we straight up carpet bombed civilians in germany, dropped nukes on two japanese cities. when you're the aggressor you better knock your enemy out completely because you don't get to cry when they punch below the belt. were the north vietnamese cited for war crimes and treating american POWs inhumanely? i hope not.

this guy doesn't know history or current events well enough to discuss anything of consequence in this thread.
he just types allot of words without any connective tissue.

smh...

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
in regards to Mariupol, this reminds me of the Battle of Alisia.

it's not a perfect 1:1 analogy but here it goes.

Caesar (Russia) surrounds a Gallic fort filled with an army (The Steelworks factory).
the Gauls have backup coming but they don't know when and Caesar knows this as well.

this is where Caesar's genius and Putin's foolishness shine.
what is Putin doing?
just an old school siege. :russell:

inward facing and that's where all his attention is.
what did Caesar do? he built a 20ft wall around the Gaul's fort so they stay put.
but there are still the Gallic reinforcements coming, so Caesar builds another wall outside of the first one that him and his troops could snuggle in.
when the reinforcements came, Caesar fought them inside and outside the double walls...and won.

Putin on the other hand is gonna get his shyt pushed in from the back.
never-see-me-coming-mandarin.gif