Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
if Ukraine gets missiles capable of precision strikes on military targets in Moscow, should they? :lupe:

I'm on the fence, but only really as far as the PR-effort goes inside Russia - I'd worry that the moment shyt starts blowing up Ruski-side, Putin will find it 10x easier to convince his people what he's doing has been right all along.

Morally, I think Ukraine have every right to hit military and political leadership targets inside Russia - don't start shyt, won't be shyt. :yeshrug:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
And folk keep thinking the gop gonna have a red wave come midterms :mjlol:

no Roosky money, no cyber attacks, no help from the GRU, no Russian bots, no NRA stimulus(they are broke)… looks like another Blue wave to me… GOP can’t function without cheating and all their cheats getting exposed left and right :mjlol:

Imagine TLR on Midterms election night. The GOP gets slaughtered and posters talk about " :mjcry: conservatism is coming back.....! Just wait....!"

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
my idea isn't that they wanted to annex ukraine, what i said was that they always just wanted the most valuable parts of ukraine: the ports in the south and gas fields in the east. talk of nato was just for their useful idiots to have some justification however flimsy to argue with. they don't care about being surrounded by nato because that's gonna happen anyway, this invasion will result in NATO being right outside st petersburg (250 miles to be exact). taking ukraine's ability to compete with them on the natural gas market and making it yours was the goal, that's why they don't care about destroying the country because what they care about is underground.

I def agree with the natural resources argument but I do disagree on the NATO element. The Nordic countries peaceful entry into NATO might not go as seamlessly as you're putting it. That magically boundary has been a 'thing' for Russia since the Warsaw Pact and it only took a vacation in the 90's cuz the SU fell. I don't think its logical to think a country would welcome their enemy getting closer and closer to their border. Resources are the biggest draw here but security really is right behind that.

you're bugging.
Putin absolutely wanted to annex all of Ukraine until he realized he couldn't.

I'd imagine an entirely different gameplay if he wanted to annex. Its been almost 10 years since he went into the breakaway regions and he still hasn't annexed them. IMO his game plan was to bring Ukraine fully back into his sphere of influence.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I def agree with the natural resources argument but I do disagree on the NATO element. The Nordic countries peaceful entry into NATO might not go as seamlessly as you're putting it. That magically boundary has been a 'thing' for Russia since the Warsaw Pact and it only took a vacation in the 90's cuz the SU fell. I don't think its logical to think a country would welcome their enemy getting closer and closer to their border. Resources are the biggest draw here but security really is right behind that.

I'd imagine an entirely different gameplay if he wanted to annex. Its been almost 10 years since he went into the breakaway regions and he still hasn't annexed them. IMO his game plan was to bring Ukraine fully back into his sphere of influence.

the only way to do that is to install a national puppet government witch means...taking Kyiv.
taking Kyiv means taking the entire nation.

unless i'm missing something?