Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
@MushroomX you able to get a "popping up Putin" smiley here? :russ:
full
"No more talk of that Nazi in Ukraine. 99.8% APPROVAL!"

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I think Biden and co have done a horrible job explaining why this didn't happen when Trump was in office. Trump was weakening NATO from within. Ostracizing every ally.He was doing Putins bidding.
He was impeached for messing with Zelensky.

There are episodes of law and order with more complex plots.

The average citizen doesn’t care about a country they will never visit.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
He was impeached for messing with Zelensky.

There are episodes of law and order with more complex plots.

The average citizen doesn’t care about a country they will never visit.
Having allies tho is important in the grand scheme of things. The problem is Putin has become a right wing idol and its no talking them back now.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Having allies tho is important in the grand scheme of things. The problem is Putin has become a right wing idol and its no talking them back now.

The problem is nothing matters except sticking it to the libs. They have no side.

They will move on from the Ukraine situation as Putin’s fault to why food prices skyrocketed (which is partly his fault ) to beat Biden and the Dems. Immigrants on the border and Ukrainians. Whatever it takes.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
The real crazy shyt are the non-Russians who believe Russian propaganda. They're flabbergasting, appears heavily correlated with or even directly related to being anti-vaxxers. Their basic logical process seems to be:

1. Western media lied to us about Covid
2. Thus Western media might be lying about anything
3. Thus anyone saying the opposite of Western media is likely telling the truth

There's literally no way to break that logical progression. They've a priori assumed that all media, governments, and scientists who tell them anything they don't want to hear are untrustworthy, without literally dropping them into Ukraine to see it for themselves there's no plausible inroads to break their delusion.

For Americans, IMO, it just started with Obama becoming President. We won't know the whole story of what he did, and how he will be remembered, but, on November of 2008; when Obama won the election, that shyt started 'It' for me. Racism, yeah, but also a big siren that screamed, "Your President is BLACK. The most POWERFUL man in America, isn't White."

And I think that shyt broke people, finding an excuse like, "Obama isn't American, so he ain't legal..." which also at the same time, had Republicans allowing people like Sarah Palin to bring in misinformation in order to win the election.

I believe, in my opinion, this is like when Fentanyl was introduced, and now it's gotten so out of control that people are willing for American to be destroyed, because they can never get THEIR ideal life back, which is it's own cluster.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
This Bucha massacre is close to being the straw that broke the camels back. Horrific violence. The Europeans might have no choice but to go cold turkey on Russian energy at this point. Global recession stamped and sealed.
Well thankfully the decision to cut off Russian oil is being made at the start of spring..

This decision becomes more.difficult if made in the winter and people are worried about how to heat there homes

This gives europeans to prepare for winter I would think

Last edited: