Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Putin isn't just being an expansionist.

so you admit that he is being expansionist...

You're intentionally ignoring that the US likely had a hand in sparking the conflict
and that there are bunch of right wing, radicalized nationalists who'll happily accept our
aid in exchange for weaponry and funding.
:yeshrug:

i'm not ignoring anything and i don't agree with your premise that the US had a hand in starting Putin's war.
say it with me, "PUTIN'S WAR".

and how does Ukraine accept aid in exchange or weapons or money? :dwillhuh:
are you saying that in exchange for help Ukraine is giving us weapons and money? :what:

what the fukk are you talking about? :snoop:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm not sure how disliking Putin implictly makes you some sort of right-wing nationalist :gucci: especially since the US isn't even directly involved in the war

There was no reason to ever like Putin regardless of the US or Ukraine. I'm not cheerleading unnecessary violence of any sort but clearly everybody (especially Russians) would be better off without this guy.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm not ignoring anything and i don't agree with your premise that the US had a hand in starting Putin's war.

are you saying that in exchange for help Ukraine is giving us weapons and money? :what:

I'm chilling on talking to you from here breh.
Keep hoping that Germany "marches again" and banking on your high post count.
You will not receive a response again from me, so quote away.

I'm not sure how disliking Putin implictly makes you some sort of right-wing nationalist :gucci: especially since the US isn't even directly involved in the war

There was no reason to ever like Putin regardless of the US or Ukraine. I'm not cheerleading unnecessary violence of any sort but clearly everybody (especially Russians) would be better off without this guy.
I personally never stated disliking Putin makes you right wing nationalist.
So I don't know who this aimed at.

fukk PUTIN.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Cool.
I posted what I posted.
Said what I said.
It's up to you to engage with it and come to your own conclusions.

I'm not about to sit here and prove if Santa Claus is real. :pachaha:
Feel however you feel my guy.

There is no war in ba sing se. :troll:

Word

so you admit that he is being expansionist...

Money can be exchanged for goods and services :ohhh:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I'm chilling on talking to you from here breh. Keep hoping that Germany "marches again" and banking on your high post count.
You will not receive a response again from me, so quote away.

images

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Insensitive shytting up this thread i see , at least nap offers value with his long ass post :scust:
I wasn't initially.
I actually tried to have a conversation, presenting additional information showing that
Putin shouldn't just be called a pointless aggressor or engaging in reanimating the Russophobia
corpse.

Instead anything critical of Ukraine, their politics and their political aims has been turned into
"You must like Trump/Putin/Secret Right Wing-er" etc.

The thread was already pretty shyt, I just added to the pile.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Then presumably you would have issue with Zelensky, a recently installed authoritarian who
ran on supporting LGBTQ rights and pulled the rug once he was in office.
The same cat who placated right wing extremists and allows genocidal b*stards like Stepan Bandera
to remain a national hero in Ukraine.

OR worse, straight limiting or completely stopping leftists groups from having any semblance of a platform.

There are no "Good guys" in this story, just victims (The people of Russia & Ukraine) .
:gucci: LGBTQ have FAR more rights in Ukraine than in Russia. They suffered heavy discrimination in the separatist held eastern areas. Gay Ukrainians in fact have been lining up to fight against Russia, as they know who is the worse option.

Those "left wing parties" are apologists for the nation that, you know, is actively invading their country. This is an allegedly temporary maneuver due to war and martial law. If they stay suspended after the conflict, that's another story. This is opposed to a country that has opposition leaders jailed and assassinated.

Yes, the nazi problem is real. Zelensky is in a tough spot. Also, war makes strange bedfellows.

All this "both sides" equivocating went out the window the moment Russia invaded. shyt is a zero sum now. Saying they are wrong for invading is not a difficult moral position.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I wasn't initially.
I actually tried to have a conversation, presenting additional information showing that
Putin shouldn't just be called a pointless aggressor or engaging in reanimating the Russophobia
corpse.

Instead anything critical of Ukraine, their politics and their political aims has been turned into
"You must like Trump/Putin/Secret Right Wing-er" etc.

The thread was already pretty shyt, I just added to the pile.
Cause that has nothing to do with what this war has shifted around.

Politics will always have crappy people in them. Nazis, fascist, neolibs, etc. The only thing the average citizen can do is vote against these people to at least keep them a minority.

Putin’s war means these people no longer have the opportunity to remove these people because heaven forbid they remove some of his cronies or make decisions that he doesn’t like as citizens of a country he has no say in.

But until these people have the opportunity to stand in line at the polling place and make those free choices…I don’t know maybe let’s save the whataboutism for later?