Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
2. Outright denial of Nazi-ism in Ukraine.
:gucci: There’s Nazi-ism here. There’s corrupt politicians here passing anti-gay bills. Putin should invade us next? There’s clearly a right and wrong here. There’s no bombs dropping in Russia . Ukraine didn’t amass troops on the Russian border. :hhh:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci: There’s Nazi-ism here. There’s corrupt politicians here passing anti-gay bills. Putin should invade us next? There’s clearly a right and wrong here. There’s no bombs dropping in Russia . Ukraine didn’t amass troops on the Russian border. :hhh:

I never said that Nazi-ism is the chief reason for the invasion but keep playing dumb breh. I salute you :salute:

"Whataboutism" is a tactic to kill any dissent and stifle conversation.

Word to Citations Needed:

All you can do is laugh at this point tbh.
:pachaha:

yeah and he's right. :yeshrug:
:salute: @ John Mearsheimer

For reference for anyone reading this thread:

Why John Mearsheimer Blames the U.S. for the Crisis in Ukraine | The New Yorker

The Article said:
Mearsheimer is a proponent of great-power politics—a school of realist international relations that assumes that, in a self-interested attempt to preserve national security, states will preëmptively act in anticipation of adversaries. For years, Mearsheimer has argued that the U.S., in pushing to expand nato eastward and establishing friendly relations with Ukraine, has increased the likelihood of war between nuclear-armed powers and laid the groundwork for Vladimir Putin’s aggressive position toward Ukraine. Indeed, in 2014, after Russia annexed Crimea, Mearsheimer wrote that “the United States and its European allies share most of the responsibility for this crisis.”

That's literally what we've been talking about since this sparked off.
The possibility of a very short WW3 due to America using NATO as proxy for expanding their influence.

John Mearsheimer and the dark origins of realism - New Statesman
Russia isn’t willing to accept NATO expansion - The Washington Post

Also if there is Nazi-ism here and you're sitting here defending and supporting who
we're supporting, why don't YOU as a BLACK MAN see an ISSUE THERE ?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
You have posters on here using language like "Horeshoe Theory", "Tankie" and "Russian Bot"
because if we're being frank, they have the minds of children and look at the world like a Marvel film.

They believe villainous figureheads akin to Thanos exist in real life.
So when it's time to discuss situations which involve nuance, they fail....badly.

Russia Bad, Ukraine Good is a stance which purposely does not allow for criticism
of Zelensky, the right wing parties in Ukraine, their willingness to bend to the West's will
for weaponry or that the Russian citizenry should not be subject to all kinds of economic
wounds due to the incompetency of their leader.

I've been called a Russian supporter just because I'm critical of Ukraine despite regularly
prefacing my posts with criticism of Putin and his aggression.

I don't want this war at all but I also don't want to see Nazi's rise to power...anywhere...at all.

lose the forest for the trees, brehs...
it actually is that simple.

do you agree that Putin invading Ukraine is good :hula: bad?

if you think it is bad then you are on the right and moral side of the debate.
if you think it is good then you are supporting the invasion of a sovereign state.
miss me with all the "nazis are in Ukraine" shyt. in the grand picture, i don't give a fukk.
if my home is on fire i'm not gonna stop to do dishes.
you are doing the equivalent of that to deflect from the fact that Putin is waging a war of expansionist aggression...again.

you out here sounding all kinds of stupid, breh... :francis:
take a step back to re-evaluate your stance on this.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
How would a principal judge a fight between two students ?
Does he simply side with whoever he likes most due to whatever he's heard
from his staff about that student ? Or does he try to see what could've sparked
the fight ?

That isn't what objectivity means though, is it. Even in your hastily thought-up analogy, bias - even implicit - would still exist. You seem more into making this discussion of Russia's invasion into an intellectual exercise than anything else :yeshrug:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
You seem more into making this discussion of Russia's invasion into an intellectual exercise than anything else :yeshrug:

if so, he is doing the equivalent of this:

push-up-exercise.gif

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps

if you think it is good then you are supporting the invasion of a sovereign state.
miss me with all the "nazis are in Ukraine" shyt. in the grand picture, i don't give a fukk.
you are doing the equivalent of that to deflect from the fact that Putin is waging a war of expansionist aggression...again.

Folk out here like

whnuvoh4od031.jpg

When civilians are being slaughtered

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That isn't what objectivity means though, is it. Even in your hastily thought-up analogy, bias - even implicit - would still exist. You seem more into making this discussion of Russia's invasion into an intellectual exercise than anything else :yeshrug:

Uhhh what ? That's quite literally what being objective means.

Definition of Objective: (of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

Presumably you wouldn't let your feelings about either student get in the way and drill down to the issue at hand to decide whatever punishment you're handing out in that situation.

:yeshrug:
Word to a dictionary :salute:
so why do you keep bringing it up?
shut the fukk up about it already, clown.

Because it matters in this situation.

:umad:

Putin isn't just being an expansionist.
You're intentionally ignoring that the US likely had a hand in sparking the conflict
and that there are bunch of right wing, radicalized nationalists who'll happily accept our
aid in exchange for weaponry and funding.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
Putin has been running wild for years. Doing all types of shyt. NATO didn’t do shyt to him. Even now dude is dropping bombs on civilians like he did in Syria, threatening Nuclear war and The American President had to walk back comments calling for his removal. But it’s our fault he invaded Ukraine because we are friendly with Ukraine.:dead:

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Uhhh what ? That's quite literally what being objective means.

Definition of Objective: (of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

Presumably you wouldn't let your feelings about either student get in the way and drill down to the issue at hand to decide whatever punishment you're handing out in that situation.

Word to a dictionary :salute:

Because it matters in this situation.

:umad:

Putin isn't just being an expansionist.
You're intentionally ignoring that the US likely had a hand in sparking the conflict
and that there are bunch of right wing, radicalized nationalists who'll happily accept our
aid in exchange for weaponry and funding.

The word you skipped over there is "facts". What demonstrably true facts are being used to back up your comments? Because it seems you're as swayed by personal feelings as anyone else here

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The word you skipped over there is "facts". What demonstrably true facts are being used to back up your comments? Because it seems you're as swayed by personal feelings as anyone else here
Cool.
I posted what I posted.
Said what I said.
It's up to you to engage with it and come to your own conclusions.

I'm not about to sit here and prove if Santa Claus is real. :pachaha:
Feel however you feel my guy.

the Ukraine is a crypto Nazi state narrative still being pushed :russell:
There is no war in ba sing se. :troll: