Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
i consider this guy to be level headed and tend to agree with his opinions.

he's talking about Ukraine encircling Russian lines and...really winning this war. :dwillhuh:

if Ukraine kicks out Russia...:noah:

crazy that we are even discussing this.
so much changed in just a month.

Yeah I've been increasingly optimistic this week. After a month of combat, the situation is far better than what we were discussing in the beginning. Honestly if they hold on the stalemate a couple more weeks, I'll be convinced they will pull it off militarily unless some major game changing event happens.

There circlement you talk about is North of Kyiv where they could capture up to 10k russian troops

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
lemme get my Monday morning QB on.
Putin should have limited the invasion to North and South central Ukraine.
slogging through the East was stupid. why fukk up the area closest to your border where you have some Russian sympathizers?
if he were to have made a serious effort to secure the docks in the South and then came in from Belarus in the North, i could see this working. he could have had a giant pincer around Eastern Ukraine by now, cutting off supplies to the East and then just closed in from there.
but nah, he had to put the whole burger in his mouth.

That would have made perfect sense, and that's what an American general may very well have done.

Putin's ultimate problem is that--as I noted--he hyped up his Russia as the successor to the power and authority of the USSR. That led him to believe his military had the capabilities of the USSR, such as undertaking complex, mutually supporting operations on multiple fronts. He failed to realize that the Russian Army has regressed to a pre-World War II state. I would go so far as to say it's a World War 1 army with faster tanks, drones, and trucks in place of horses.

Compare and contrast the Russian invasion of the Ukraine with the Russian invasion of East Prussia during World War I. The German Army was much more sophisticated re: technology and command in comparison to the Russians, but were outnumbered roughly five-to-one (note the Ukrainians currently outnumber(ed) the Russians deployed). The Russians advanced along multiple axes of advance with three armies; however, their command-and-control was terrible, and their communications security was nonexistent. This enabled the Germans to defeat the Russians in detail; crushing two field armies and sending the third out of Prussia.

This map is pretty illustrative of the Russian approach (apologies for the watermarks, but it illustrates the multiple (blue) Russian advances.

Ax00229.jpg

You could also compare it to the contemporary Austro-Hungarian invasion of the (smaller) Kingdom of Serbia, undertaken for roughly similar motives as the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The Austrians repeatedly attempted to destroy the smaller Serbian Army, and even managed to capture Belgrade, but they ultimately ran into a wall which cost them thousands upon thousands of men. It was a legendary military disaster, and, as I said, very evocative of the Ukraine campaign (and failed for many of the same reasons).

Battle_of_Kolubara.jpg

Last edited:

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
That would have made perfect sense, and that's what an American general may very well have done.

Putin's ultimate problem is that--as I noted--he hyped up his Russia as the successor to the power and authority of the USSR. That led him to believe his military had the capabilities of the USSR, such as undertaking complex, interchangeable operations on multiple fronts. He failed to realize that the Russian Army has regressed to a pre-World War II state. I would go so far as to say it's a World War 1 army with faster tanks, drones, and trucks in place of horses.

Compare and contrast the Russian invasion of the Ukraine with the Russian invasion of East Prussia during World War I. The German Army was much more sophisticated re: technology and command in comparison to the Russians, but were outnumbered roughly five-to-one (note the Ukrainians currently outnumber(ed) the Russians deployed). The Russians advanced along multiple axes of advance with three armies; however, their command-and-control was terrible, and their communications security was nonexistent. This enabled the Germans to defeat the Russians in detail; crushing two field armies and sending the third out of Prussia.

This map is pretty illustrative of the Russian approach (apologies for the watermarks, but it illustrates the multiple (blue) Russian advances.

Ax00229.jpg

You could also compare it to the contemporary Austro-Hungarian invasion of the (smaller) Kingdom of Serbia, undertaken for roughly similar motives as the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The Austrians repeatedly attempted to destroy the smaller Serbian Army, and even managed to capture Belgrade, but they ultimately ran into a wall which cost them thousands upon thousands of men. It was a legendary military disaster, and, as I said, very evocative of the Ukraine campaign (and failed for many of the same reasons).

Battle_of_Kolubara.jpg

Japan will repeat their naval history together, way things are going :russ:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
See what I'm reading says the Banderistas are the ones using civilians as human shields, strapping them to polls and beating them (specifically Romani people), and the Russians are being greeted by Ukranians as heroes saving them. Why is your report more believable than mine?
Broke Wave on his Alt?:dead:

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Navalny giving off White Mandela vibes. If he gets out he's easily set up to be the leader of a Free Russia, no one else stood up to Vlad like that

Do you know why Putin has not Assassinated him…for good? He is under custody…during a pandemic, would have been an easy excuse to rid of him.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
negged for wasting internet.

ya’ll need to chill, at least let the man respond…

…homeboy in China, it’s 3am over there. ever since sanctions cutoff ruskie net trolls, Chinese trolls picking up the slack. their 100 hour work weeks just turned to 150 hour work weeks. let him get some sleep

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Do you know why Putin has not Assassinated him…for good? He is under custody…during a pandemic, would have been an easy excuse to rid of him.
Because he doesn't want to martyr him? The fact that he survived the 1st assassination attempt made him a superstar. Lock him up and release him after the fervor has died down with little fanfare.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps

Wild late probably, but I just started watching the "Agents of Chaos" documentary on HBO and it's crazy going back w/ all this Ukraine stuff and how intertwined everything is, even today.

My tinfoil hat goes on every now and again with all the 2012-2016 stuff to present and seeing how we're handling things w/ the oligarchs, economic sanctions, etc. now in this war.

The world is a crazy place :wow: