Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
What a stupid statement as he recklessly and carelessly fails to mention that Russia and the USSR are not synonymous.

Russia sees itself as the heir to the USSR, and its geopolitical aims are almost identical to that of the USSR. It's apparent that in reality they're not wholly synonymous--the invasion has destroyed Russia's pretensions of Soviet-era might and influence--but there's definitely a continuity.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Russia have been killing women and children with guided missiles but NATO are Nazis who shouldn't have "poked the bear"? You're not just a remedial, you're a propagandist scumbag :scust:

See what I'm reading says the Banderistas are the ones using civilians as human shields, strapping them to polls and beating them (specifically Romani people), and the Russians are being greeted by Ukranians as heroes saving them. Why is your report more believable than mine?

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
See what I'm reading says the Banderistas are the ones using civilians as human shields, strapping them to polls and beating them (specifically Romani people), and the Russians are being greeted by Ukranians as heroes saving them. Why is your report more believable than mine?

My bad this is a better example of shyt posting that has killed this site.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

post links of what you are reading please.
otherwise you are just spitting :duck:
stop wasting internet.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
NATO has not been this united since the height of the cold war.
the fact that NATO has been around so long only highlights my point.

They want McDonalds, social media, Apple products and luxury items just like any 21st century person in a *ahem* first world nation would.

Russia does have raw material but can they process it without the products they import.
they do import allot of stuff they will be cut off from.
if you wanna nerd out here is a thorough break down on Russian imports:

Russia Imports - February 2022 Data - 1994-2021 Historical - March Forecast - Calendar

the Russian stock market? :scust:

i can read a graph, that "bounce back" looks :flabbynsick:
nowhere near where it was before the invasion and i bet it dips again:win:

I don't see anything on this list they can't get from China

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
what are these people doing in Ukraine blowing up tanks?

oh well, i wish them the best.

The American government (and every other government really) has a history of surreptitiously dispatching and/or tacitly endorsing paramilitary groups to conflict zones merely to stick it to people they hate but aren't exactly at war with cf. the American Volunteer Group during World War 2, the Crippled Eagles in Zimbabwe, etc. etc.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
lemme get my Monday morning QB on.
Putin should have limited the invasion to North and South central Ukraine.
slogging through the East was stupid. why fukk up the area closest to your border where you have some Russian sympathizers?
if he were to have made a serious effort to secure the docks in the South and then came in from Belarus in the North, i could see this working. he could have had a giant pincer around Eastern Ukraine by now, cutting off supplies to the East and then just closed in from there.
but nah, he had to put the whole burger in his mouth.
He had to come from the East as it was his casus belli : liberating Russian speaking Donetsk and Louhansk oppressed by nazis. As a matter of fact he should have stopped there and simply occupy the Donbass. Put the main force at that task, letting some armies in Belarus and in Crimea and the Black Sea to keep Kiev and Odessa in tension.

But most of the might would have targeted Donbass with DNR and LNR forces and they wouldn't have struggled that much because they also would have had local combattants with them.

Then, that special operation would have not been a full scale war and he would probably had some more support if the conflict was contained there. Civilian casualties could have stayed low and taking control could have been swifter too

Basically, what they did in Georgia in 08 or Crimea in 14. A bolder plan would have to try and bridge to Crimea maybe but anything more was always a huge gamble. He would have still been sanctioned but not as much and he would have even gained a ressource heavy Donbass in exchange.

Like trying to put a puppet in Kiev was always nonsensical, they would have ran that man out again. However putting one in the new Donbass (potentially up to Crimea) would have been an easier play that would have maybe ended up with a new vassal state for Russia in the long run.

And it's fine to be a morning QB, we're on a message board, it's made for that :lolbron:

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
This is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard. China is not the most self-sustaining country in the world. In fact China is more reliant on the west than Russia is which is why they cannot fully endorse what Russia is doing. China is insanely reliant on the U.S and Japan for its semiconductor, telecommunications technology. France sells China it’s weapons

they have all the factories breh. we are reliant on them. we import from them. also you think they don't make their own weapons?

7 Chinese weapons that will set tone for World War III

and they're currently developing their own local chip manufacturing

China’s semiconductor imports fall for first time in two years

also if they need food and gas, Russia has them in spades. Russia became the #1 wheat exporter in the world after sanctions were put on them and they had to become self-reliant. Sanctions basically turn the country into a protectionist economy.

Gas pipelines- Russia, China agree 30-year gas deal via new pipeline, to settle in euros

Let's not just assume that if a country isn't America it's incompetent. That's how you get caught with your pants down. China has the most sane government in the world imo, because they invest in public infrastructure and prioritize making the COL low for their citizens. Xi is a well read Marxist. They know what they're doing. And, being Marxists, imperialism is the last thing on their mind. Taiwan isn't imperialism- that's an island that's part of China that the US has been holding hostage since FDR. Backstory on that -

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
also These NATO Generals Had Unusual Backgrounds: They Served in the Third Reich | Historynet

the reason i'm posting about this shyt at all is i think it's important for americans to accurately identify our enemy so we don't waste time/resources. if you think shyt is sweet in the status quo i guess that's cool but i personally think that's insane.

it's very obvious that the worldwide dollar system is exploitative and unsustainable

it's very obvious that the american populace is dominated by a small amount of elites, and that we pretty much get no benefit from being part of the empire, it all goes into the coffers of wall street/overseas accounts

putin is worse than the leaders americans put forward? have you listened to him talk? please

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
FNM6f-uXwAA6vSd

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps

Agent babble