Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
you are dodging the question, breh

the answer to your question?

what have you been looking at that gives you the impression that ukraine is more important to america than inflation?

history and current events.

listen, i'm a simple man.
just another idiot with internet access. :yeshrug:

however, i do know enough to know that things outside of my hit box will eventually pour jelly on me.

things are playing out eerily similar to what happened to Germany ala Stalingrad :francis:

the HUGE difference is that Putin never had a Blitzkrieg to gas him up before hand :beli:

instead he was getting high off his own supply by playing big daddy to Assad in Syria and molesting Chechnya, Crimea and whatever other territories he could touch :scust:

there is the answer to your question. :leostare:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

however, i do know enough to know that things outside of my hit box will eventually pour jelly on me.

things are playing out eerily similar to what happened to Germany ala Stalingrad :francis:

the HUGE difference is that Putin never had a Blitzkrieg to gas him up before hand :beli:

instead he was getting high off his own supply by playing big daddy to Assad in Syria and molesting Chechnya, Crimea and whatever other territories he could touch :scust:

Speaking of Germany do you agree that now they will take Russia's spot as a military powerhouse?

I think this war woke them up and I even see them making a push to start developing their own nuclear weapons also to defend themselves

Germany’s dramatic reversal on defense, explained

Daps
I mean climate change is affecting world leaders domestically too if we follow your logic :lolbron:

The very enforcement of a NFZ is not a factor domestically. Whether there is a NFZ or not will not impact the midterms for Biden or make Macron lose the presidential elections.

Bro i feel like you're missing me. My whole point was that Ukraine period, Ukraine as an issue is gonna affect NATO world leaders domestically.

You honed in on the NFZ but that's not the only thing I mentioned.

My point was that political opponents are going to use Ukraine as a political talking point. Many of these political opponents are going to take a hawkish hard line. We see it right now in real time in America with Republicans.

They haven't quite figured out which message is going to be successful but they're trying to figure it out. They are sharpening their talking points as we speak. We see some of them hammering Biden on not sending enough aid sooner to Ukraine.

We saw Lindsay Graham calling for Putin to be taken out.

In my opinion, instances like these are gonna increase not decrease the closer we get to elections.

And the whole point I was making is that NATO leaders aren't making decisions on Ukraine in a vacuum. Whatever decision they make, their political opponents are going to attempt to hammer them on.

That was my entire point, a point that I was making to brehs who said that NATO leaders would be content to remain inactive on Ukraine and seize this opportunity to break Russia's back completely. I said that if Russia signals that they are willing to withdraw, world leaders will work with them, with many concessions demanded of course.

Other brehs were saying nah, no matter what, even if Russia withdraws, NATO leaders will want to seize this moment to completely destroy Russia and they won't stop.

I'm saying I believe they will accept a Russian withdrawal because if Russia offers to withdraw and they ask for sanctions to be gradually lifted, NATO leaders will agree because if news ever breaks that Russia was willing to stop murdering Ukrainians but NATO didn't accept their proposal, there will be significant domestic blowback on those NATO leaders as their domestic opponents will take the position that those leaders were directly responsible for more needless deaths in Ukraine.

It's all really silly anyway to discuss this. Some brehs in here seem convinced that Russia is gonna break up into smaller territories because of whats happening in Ukraine, and that this is what NATO is pushing for.

I think it's crazy to even think that... but I could be wrong. :manny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Shooting the US president isn't even about WWIII, it's about your whole country (Russia) turning into rubble for the dumbest reason imaginable :heh:

Exactly. Russia has obvious reasons to try to get Zelensky out of the way but who seriously thinks Putin desperately wishes to risk it all to eliminate Joe Biden?

p.s. - If Joe Biden IS assassinated, I put the over/under at 3 days before Trump implies that since he finished 2nd he should president now.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Breh 10 million Ukrainians have fled their homes. That’s 25% of their population. To put that in USA terms, that would be like 75 million Americans fleeing their homes during a war here. Russia is easily winning and has destabilized that country to hell. The only “win” Ukraine has is that they can make this process as tedious and as drawn out as possible before succumbing and that they can count on the West to make it hurt Russia financially. IJS, don’t pretend they’re winning. If 75 million Americans had to flee into shelters, centers, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, that would be a fukkin nightmare.

If that's your definition of winning and losing, then both sides are losing.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
If that's your definition of winning and losing, then both sides are losing.

Yes. Both countries are destabilized. There will be more of an interest in rebuilding Ukraine. The sanctions on Russia will be in place for a while.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz

this is the kind of stuff that would matter to people who study things...im talking about american voters, breh. we are mostly ruled by kitchen table politics (economy, crime, critical race theory, etc.)

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Not to sidetrack the thread, but some Russians tend to look a bit.....Asian. :jbhmm:
russia is a really old country and the highest fertility areas are the Caucasus and some other asian areas. their soldiers are disproportionately from non ethnic russian areas because thats where they have young men they can draft. putin even referenced this in a speech about this war