Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

ImLionyall

Workin on dat Roar
Daps
Reppin
Serengeti
I'm just giving my opinion but I think Putin got emboldened by the Jan 6 rebellion, and news of Biden getting his agenda constantly derailed by 2 senators/and republicans

He thought Biden and his control of the White house was weak, sees UK as weak with how brexit has been a failure so far for them.. and so he made a move.

Just a theory.:patrice:

Putin would be stupid not to capitalize on our weakness. Ppl really thought Trump was keeping Putin at bay. Putin stumbling trynna rush this shyt cuz his pet was supposed to still be in office. Sleepy Joe's not so sleepy administration accelerated the schedule.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Don't care who gets mad but I simply cannot respect a man that still has his family in a fukking warzone this long after bombs started dropping.

I don't understand it one bit.

I'm not saying you abandon your country but at least get your wife and kids out. Then go back and fight.

I've seen too many of these videos showing random blocks getting bombed or hit with missiles and there are little kids just walking around like nothing is happening.

Rant over.
:wtf:

Who and what :dahell: you talm bout?

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
More details from the Financial Times on potential peace deal.

TLDR Ukraine would declare neutrality and would promise not to host foreign military bases in exchange they would get protection guarantees from allies and be allowed to keep their military. Main disagreement now on what happens to Eastern separatist territories.

Ukraine and Russia have made significant progress on a tentative 15-point peace plan including a ceasefire and Russian withdrawal if Kyiv declares neutrality and accepts limits on its armed forces, according to three people involved in the talks.

The proposed deal, which Ukrainian and Russian negotiators discussed in full for the first time on Monday, would involve Kyiv renouncing its ambitions to join Nato and promising not to host foreign military bases or weaponry in exchange for protection from allies such as the US, UK and Turkey, the people said.

The nature of western guarantees for Ukrainian security — and their acceptability to Moscow — could yet prove to be a big obstacle to any deal, as could the status of Ukrainian territories seized by Russia and its proxies in 2014. A 1994 agreement underpinning Ukrainian security failed to prevent Russian aggression against its neighbour.
This seems like a reasonable compromise. How would they do it tho? Will it be in writing?

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Like someone posted a couple pages ago and like og Joe just said it’s only one super power and military can’t be beat and that’s the us 6:15

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, unless Earth is wiped out totally, War doesn't benefit China. Their MO is financial hegemony. Which needs peace times to work at its maximum efficiency especially in Africa and developing nations.

People forget how quickly the US pivoted their ENTIRE medical research apparatus in 2020 during COVID. By the end of the year, the US had not one, not two but THREE vaccines.

Imagine if that all of a sudden went to military spending/research/logistics. Which it would in conflict with China or Russia. That's smoke that don't NOBODY want for at least a couple of generations.

After this conflict, I dont fear China as much. People used to say military simulations showed China beating us in all out war everytime. I think those programs must be overly pessimistic (which is good in a way). But it doesn’t account for stupidity or a wide range of other unpredictable factors you can’t program. I doubt those exercises showed Russia would invade Ukraine of all places and then fail miserably. With Putin plunging the country back to the Great Depression era financially. I bet they had Russia destroying most countries in war but look at the trouble they’re having. Life isn’t a game.