Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
@FAH1223

Will this have any significant change to midterms?

I am thinking no, but these guys seem optimistic.

Nothing gets the gears going in America more than a wartime president. These images of Ukraine are being plastered all over the place right now and while we are not directly involved in the conflict, it is widely known that Biden is doing what he can to protect the country by helping Ukraine as he can without starting WW3.

His leadership is widely being praised right now. Republicans even had to back off their talking points lately to play defense because they were worried that the Dems would hammer them on their early support for Putin.

I dont know if anyone has an edge going into election season, but I am saying that if the Dems were far down in the beginning, they have regained a lot of lost ground these last few weeks.

I'm not saying it's gonna be a blowout. But I am saying, a lot of folks who might have thought it was a sure thing before are gonna have to go out and earn them checks they getting.

Daps
Folk gonna be calling him "Good Old Sleepy Joe" and shyt after he passes like it's a folksy compliment :wow:

Like "honest Abe"?

:laff::laff::laff:

Bro I'm about to fall out my chair cause I'm laughing so hard at the thought of after Biden's passing, "sleepy Joe" taking on a different connotation :laff:

You need to be banned from this thread :laff:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
The more I dig into, it seems like China is using Russia as it's "Useful Idiot", which is a Russian Phrase funny enough. They stole a lot of their military tech - especially with aircraft. Then may hit them with the deuces when they fukk up.

Zalisnsy is set to address the US Congress tomorrow, so US/European policy may be set to change rapidly, he's proven to be very persuasive. It'll be hard for Biden's administration to hear an impassioned plea, and then say "Yeah.....No." :patrice:. I'm in the camp that a No Fly Zone would be a disaster. Once that's up its only a matter of who shoots first.

If they set up the No Fly Zone were all going to fukking war so lets hope thats not the case cause American congress members are a really gullible stupid fukking bunch :scust:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing gets the gears going in America more than a wartime president. These images of Ukraine are being plastered all over the place right now and while we are not directly involved in the conflict, it is widely known that Biden is doing what he can to protect the country by helping Ukraine as he can without starting WW3.

His leadership is widely being praised right now. Republicans even had to back off their talking points lately to play defense because they were worried that the Dems would hammer them on their early support for Putin.

I dont know if anyone has an edge going into election season, but I am saying that if the Dems were far down in the beginning, they have regained a lot of lost ground these last few weeks.

I'm not saying it's gonna be a blowout. But I am saying, a lot of folks who might have thought it was a sure thing before are gonna have to go out and earn them checks they getting.
Point taken, but @FAH1223 has a thread and runs the numbers constantly, so he would have a good insight into any trends since the war. I haven't been following.

Daps
Exactly. Which is the fine line the West is threading right now. It will be an easy escalation: NATO launches a missile from Poland against a Russian Plane doing a sortie in Ukraine but only to have it get hit when it's flying back in Russian Airspace. Putin has to respond then, he has no choice.

Anyway, I don't know if you can call it a World War if China sits it out. It would just be Russia vs. NATO which is a losing battle for Russia across the board. China's plan isn't to compete with the US Military Globally until 2050, they are more concerned now with exerting their force in their regional area (South China Sea), before taking the next step. I believe they want a formidable "Blue Water Navy" by 2035 (those who know better can fact check this). It doesn't seem logical for them to jump in damn near 3 decades before they think they are ready.

Bro don't underestimate folks ability to get involved in war.

:mjlol:

Still trips me out to some degree that there were folks going to war whole continents away about something that honestly didn't have nothing to do with them during WW1 and 2.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Point taken, but @FAH1223 has a thread and runs the numbers constantly, so he would have a good insight into any trends since the war. I haven't been following.
@FAH1223

Will this have any significant change to midterms?

I am thinking no, but these guys seem optimistic.

Biden has ticked a little up on the polls but he’s still very much underwater.

The Dems are screwed. The first midterm election for a President is always tough. George W. Bush is really the only one in recent history who was able to keep Congress and that was cause of 9/11/01.

If gas prices go down between now and November it may help the Dems keep the US Senate. That’s the chamber the Dems need to keep and get a seat so they can make judicial and personnel appointments

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
This thread…

Western leftists have been obsessed with western colonialism and imperialism for the past sixty or so years; they view every facet of international relations through it, no matter how inappropriate. When all you have is a hammer...