Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Exactly. Which is the fine line the West is threading right now. It will be an easy escalation: NATO launches a missile from Poland against a Russian Plane doing a sortie in Ukraine but only to have it get hit when it's flying back in Russian Airspace. Putin has to respond then, he has no choice.

Anyway, I don't know if you can call it a World War if China sits it out. It would just be Russia vs. NATO which is a losing battle for Russia across the board. China's plan isn't to compete with the US Military Globally until 2050, they are more concerned now with exerting their force in their regional area (South China Sea), before taking the next step. I believe they want a formidable "Blue Water Navy" by 2035 (those who know better can fact check this). It doesn't seem logical for them to jump in damn near 3 decades before they think they are ready.

China missed out on the Imperial Age.
they were out there trotting the globe with and amazing navy while Columbus was but China wasn't scooping up colonies.
China was just...China's fleet of Treasure Ships, did you know about this?
for better or worse China got played in the colonial age and now they are trying to come back with monetary militarism, soft power and control of the narrative.
that's allot to juggle.

China needs to stop trying to build islands before it tries to build a navy that can even spit at ours.

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
I think if the US gets bogged down in Europe, China moves on Taiwan
Well you don’t want to invade Russia - they may seem incompetent pushing force abroad, but they have a defensive capability that no one really wants to fukk with. Forget nukes, they are primarily a ground based army and they have the domestic military infrastructure and anti air systems that would make it a problem (allegedly).

China is a whole different beast though, and I think that we (the US) have much more economic warfare leverage against them than we do against Russia. They can hurt us too no doubt - but as much as we rely on their cheap labor, they rely on our sheer buying power.

Last edited:

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
China missed out on the Imperial Age.
they were out there trotting the globe with and amazing navy while Columbus was but China wasn't scooping up colonies.
China was just...China's fleet of Treasure Ships, did you know about this?
for better or worse China got played in the colonial age and now they are trying to come back with monetary militarism, soft power and control of the narrative.
that's allot to juggle.

China needs to stop trying to build islands before it tries to build a navy that can even spit at ours.
Not to get off track but hypersonic weapons would be the only thing that I would worry about coming from them, before they can get their fleet up.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Not to get off track but hypersonic weapons would be the only thing that I would worry about coming from them, before they can get their fleet up.

how many of these hypersonic missiles do they have?
they cost $100,000,000 a pop.
Hypersonic Sticker Shock: U.S. Weapons May Run $106 Million Each
Russia probably has 20 of them and they are in beta stage testing at best imo.

China or Russia having a large enough supply of these to tip the scales is laughable.

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
Bro don't underestimate folks ability to get involved in war.

:mjlol:

Still trips me out to some degree that there were folks going to war whole continents away about something that honestly didn't have nothing to do with them during WW1 and 2.
Yup. Which is why I’m against a no fly zone - that book writes itself.

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
how many of these hypersonic missiles do they have?
they cost $100,000,000 a pop.
Hypersonic Sticker Shock: U.S. Weapons May Run $106 Million Each
Russia probably has 20 of them and they are in beta stage testing at best imo.

China or Russia having a large enough supply of these to tip the scales is laughable.
Good point. That's the only thing I worry about - you can’t know. I’ve seen reports that Russia has only 10. The scales even when the US gets its shyt together, but their (China/Russia)“advancements” may only be propaganda. Tough to know.

Last edited:

Alix217

Superstar
Daps
Enter a disastrous war, shred your economy, lose hundreds of helicopters/tanks and thousands of soldiers and sell your country to China in 1 month, Ruskicrehs

The Winner in Ukraine Won’t Be Russia or America. It Will Be China.
The Winner in Ukraine Won't Be Russia or America. It Will Be China.

giphy.gif