Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So what would you have them do? Just give up their land and let Russia take over?
no doubt Ukrainians should fight against an invading imperial force. America instead of arming them for a war of attrition that they cannot win, should appease Putin(gasp) and work towards neutralizing the situation if your concern is actual Ukrainian people and not some brain broken take like Nap's "we gotta fight them over there or it'll spread" ..

We know appeasement is not in the playbook, that's "negotiating with terrorists" we'll say with a straight face being the biggest force of terror in this world. I'm not looking to derail this thread, it just makes me sick to my stomach to see how easily people like Nap gloss over the death and suffering they're encouraging Ukrainians to undergo.

People who recognize the US to be a violent hypercapitalist police state who can't get its own people healthcare yet somehow think we are a good faith actor when it comes to any of our foreign policy just breaks my soul on a deep level. Have a good one. I gotta get off the computer for a while, this shyt is messing with me

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tl
no doubt Ukrainians should fight against an invading imperial force. America instead of arming them for a war of attrition that they cannot win, should appease Putin(gasp) and work towards neutralizing the situation if your concern is actual Ukrainian people and not some brain broken take like Nap's "we gotta fight them over there or it'll spread" ..

We know appeasement is not in the playbook, that's "negotiating with terrorists" we'll say with a straight face being the biggest force of terror in this world. I'm not looking to derail this thread, it just makes me sick to my stomach to see how easily people like Nap gloss over the death and suffering they're encouraging Ukrainians to undergo.

People who recognize the US to be a violent hypercapitalist police state who can't get its own people healthcare yet somehow think we are a good faith actor when it comes to any of our foreign policy just breaks my soul on a deep level. Have a good one. I gotta get off the computer for a while, this shyt is messing with me
You and others make the mistake.

No one is encouraging the Ukrainians to undergo this.

They were put in the position by an invading force and they chose to fight rather than appease.

After they chose to fight, NATO has decided to supply them with weapons to fight.

No one was egging anyone on. You are spreading propaganda.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it was just straight overreach. He got away with invading Georgia and famously Crimea. He's paranoid about neighboring countries suddenly leaning towards pro-Western sentiments. Also, I heard reports that seeing what happened to Mubarek and Quadaffi had him shook about what could happen to long-tenured strongmen and he's convinced that the West is hell-bent on regime change in Russia.

I'm starting to believe that he was just fed misinformation from the ground up and made terrible calculations. They spent billions to upgrade their military only to have most of that siphoned off by corruption, but no one was going to report to their superiors the reality of their current forces state, plus he probably thought Zalinsky was going to lay down and flee the country. Joe Biden even suggested that, and Zalisnsky refused. He may even believe the Nazi angle to an extent too and is flummoxed as to why the Ukrainians are fighting back so hard. You can tell just by their military build-up and formations that they weren't taking this shyt seriously.
Facts plus.

Plus a lot of the Russian troops have family Ukraine. Imagine being told to go kill your Grandma in Kiev?

Disaster.

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin

Assuming they're not bullshytting and flexing--and it's entirely possible they are--this wouldn't go well.
  • No cold-weather experience.
  • No experience in the type of high-intensity warfare currently underway.
  • They'll stick out like a sore thumb.
  • They'll be hated by the Ukrainians, who seriously might simply summarily execute them if they're captured.
  • Their Russian overlords (who are just as racist as the Ukrainians) will treat them like absolute shyt. They'll be at the bottom of the requisition list for everything--and it's a long fukking list as it is.
They need to sit this one out.

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
Facts plus.

Plus a lot of the Russian troops have family Ukraine. Imagine being told to go kill your Grandma in Kiev?

Disaster.
Exactly.

Another big miscalculation was that Western cohesion appeared to be disjointed and in shambles. Germany was barely participating in NATO, and seemed to be fine with anything as long as they got their pipeline. They switched their position about kicking Russia out of the SWIFT banking system within a week. No one saw that coming.

Also, the Swiss joining in was unprecedented. I could be wrong, but I cant remember a time when they froze any nation's accounts.

Just so many mistakes, even by eventually taking Kiev, I just don't see how he "wins" this. Which is wild, how is the aggressor voluntarily entering a no-win situation?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Exactly.

Another big miscalculation was that Western cohesion appeared to be disjointed and in shambles. Germany was barely participating in NATO, and seemed to be fine with anything as long as they got their pipeline. They switched their position about kicking Russia out of the SWIFT banking system within a week. No one saw that coming.

Also, the Swiss joining in was unprecedented. I could be wrong, but I cant remember a time when they froze any nation's accounts.

Just so many mistakes, even by eventually taking Kiev, I just don't see how he "wins" this. Which is wild, how is the aggressor voluntarily entering a no-win situation?

human folly paints wide swaths across human history...

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal

Assuming they're not bullshytting and flexing--and it's entirely possible they are--this wouldn't go well.
  • No cold-weather experience.
  • No experience in the type of high-intensity warfare currently underway.
  • They'll stick out like a sore thumb.
  • They'll be hated by the Ukrainians, who seriously might simply summarily execute them if they're captured.
  • Their Russian overlords (who are just as racist as the Ukrainians) will treat them like absolute shyt. They'll be at the bottom of the requisition list for everything--and it's a long fukking list as it is.
They need to sit this one out.

nah they need to go. the CAR will probably be better off with them dead.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly.

Because it was this or have NATO on all borders.

And even then, not worth having the entire country canceled by western commerce.

God forbid this breaks out and ends with Russia being destroyed by the rest of the world. Not looking forward to Serbia part II.

Something tells me we should have let them in during the Yeltsin Era.

Daps

Appease them how, breh? :why:

You are wholly misinformed, probably a victim of Russian disinformation, and yet you think you're dropping some heavy science.

Breh, the only thing that will appease Russia is if Zelensky leaves the country and they get to install a puppet government. They want nothing short of that.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
Speaking of commercial drones. Isn't it illegal for these companies to use their Satellites to spy on enemy locations? Cus, if so, that could be a war violation.