Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I guess TLR about to ruin this thread with stupid takes :snoop:

We just can't escape them, brehs. :snoop:

speaking as a premier TLR poster, i would like to say that i stand separate from the other TLR brehs in this thread.
i like to think i have a decent understanding of global politics and world history so i enjoy talking to others with similar interests.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Theres a reason Israel hasn't condemned the Russian invasion.

Mighttt just be because the Nazi's in Ukraine are actually real and hold real power in politics and in the military.

It mightttt just be because those Nazi's were bombing and attacking Jews & Russia-speaking natives in Donetsk and southeast Ukraine for the past 8 years while the West turned a blind eye the entire fukking time.

This is a quote from the leader of that Nazi brigade that you guys dont think is a big deal:

In 2010, Biletsky said Ukraine’s national purpose was to “lead the white races of the world in a final crusade … against Semite-led Untermenschen [inferior races]”.

And if you want to throw out that dumbass line about Zelensky being Jewish so there cant be Nazi's in Ukraine.....This is how you actually sound: America can't be racist because Obama was President.
Or because Russian oligarchs like Abramovich have given hundreds of millions of dollars to Israeli groups and they don't want to cut off their pipeline.

Regardless, its still not a valid pretext to invasion.

Russian has its own Nazi/anti-Semitic aligned groups as well does it not?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
speaking as a premier TLR poster, i would like to say that i stand separate from the other TLR brehs in this thread.
i like to think i have a decent understanding of global politics and world history so i enjoy talking to others with similar interests.

there's space here for the very small minority of us that aren't foreign policy experts, you don't have to grovel.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

Mighttt just be because the Nazi's in Ukraine are actually real and hold real power in politics and in the military.

It mightttt just be because those Nazi's were bombing and attacking Jews & Russia-speaking natives in Donetsk and southeast Ukraine for the past 8 years while the West turned a blind eye the entire fukking time.

This is a quote from the leader of that Nazi brigade that you guys dont think is a big deal:

In 2010, Biletsky said Ukraine’s national purpose was to “lead the white races of the world in a final crusade … against Semite-led Untermenschen [inferior races]”.

And if you want to throw out that dumbass line about Zelensky being Jewish so there cant be Nazi's in Ukraine.....This is how you actually sound: America can't be racist because Obama was President.

I never doubted it. My stance has been that Putin's pretext was bullshyt.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

Hey are there any Nazis in Russia? How about any white supremacist groups? Do any of the hold power and have money?

Are you gonna respond with another whataboutism take?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Hey are there any Nazis in Russia? How about any white supremacist groups? Do any of the hold power and have money?

Are you gonna respond with another whataboutism take?

Bottom line. Russia's main ally, China, is on the UN's Human Rights Council. If it was that bad why not make the case and try and get the world on your side?

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I leave for a few hours, check on the thread, and TLR has gotten so boring is seems... that we got some Hot Takes on the HL about Russia starting World War 3 because McDonbas stopped serving Breakfast after 10:30. There was a post yesterday that outline greatly about Putin, is he a war criminal, yes, but he also misjudged Biden/Ukraine... along with other countries making NATO Stronger.

He ain't launching a nuclear weapon, and posture as he may, he ain't starting a World War... he is just trying to find a way out to declare a 'victory' now.

That being said ADIDAS taking away their tracksuits is a backbreaker for the economy, as I don't think they want any of the UNDER ARMOR stuff. :troll:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I’m not a nuclear physicist nor do I play one on the Coli, but what are the ramifications for the Chernobyl plant if the reactor can’t cool down?

Is it potentially another disaster like the one years ago or similar but on a smaller scale?

This potential explosion wouldn't be anywhere near as devastating as the one that shattered the plant in 1986, which resulted in thousands of deaths and spewed a radioactive cloud over Europe, Maxim Saveliev, a senior researcher with the Institute for Safety Problems of Nuclear Power Plants (ISPNPP) in Kyiv, Ukraine, told Science. If the nuclear material ignites again, the blast will be largely contained within the steel and concrete cage known as the Shelter, which officials built around the plant's ruined Unit Four reactor one year after the accident.

Still, even a contained explosion would make the long-term mission of removing the plant's FCMs much harder, Saveliev said. The Shelter is old and could easily crumble from the force of an explosion, filling the area with heavy debris and radioactive dust. (The Shelter itself is contained in a larger steel structure called the New Safe Confinement, which was completed in 2018.)

Chernobyl's nuclear fuel is 'smoldering' again and could explode

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The neoNazis and outright Nazis were another reason to avoid this conflict at all costs. It's always the most reactionary and violent group fighting against the invading force who will galvanize people, they will always fill any power vacuums that pop up. It's almost the biggest piece of evidence Putin's pretext is complete bullshyt because their numbers are only going to grow.

But now former racist hooligans are a full fledged military group recognized by the Ukrainian military with CIA training and American weapons. It's a disaster from every angle

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

This take is fukking stupid and relies on you being completely ignorant of historic Russian support for Israel. They don't critique Russia for the same reason they don't critique the USA - Russia and Russians have been allies and sugar daddies for them and a ton of Israeli jews are originally from Russia.

Jewish media have been some of the MAIN ones saying your Zelensky-nazi narrative is a bunch of bullshyt.

The real danger of Putin's nazi slur for Ukraine, Israel, and the world

Ukrainian Jews angry and appalled at Putin's denazification claim

No one has said "there are no nazis in Ukraine" and you sound like a fool making that goalpost shift.

Now think of how stupid you would sound saying, "Russia has to go to war with Obama so they can keep Obama from pushing racism and White Supremacy."