Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
Great post. Jumping off, they're going to struggle with that. They're a monoculture within an authoritarian government framework.

The reason that the United States has so much influence is that we can export culture all day, every day. Creators make what they want, it gets hot here, other people want in on it.

Black Americans have a worldwide influence that is far, far beyond our numbers because we influence so much of American culture, and it gets exported, as one example.

China doesn't have that and can't get it because they're suppressing their minorities, they're basically influencing a very specific idea of Chinese art, and no one gives a fukk about the CCP's ideas of art. That's why all these Confucian schools they're setting up in Africa aren't getting traction and why Belt and Road works much better. They can entrap poorer countries economically, but they have almost ZERO cultural soft power. You can't be a true world power with ZERO cultural soft power.

They should be ashamed that a tiny country on the tip of a peninsula like South Korea has exponentially more soft power than they do. Even though South Korea is basically monocultural, they have a free market of ideas and can therefore import culture from other places, put their own spin on it, and then export it back out.

To bring it back to Russia, this is one of the reasons the USSR failed, among many. You can't have an authoritarian state with rigid controls on art and culture that makes friends. No one is out here watching Russian soap operas and feeling kinship with the Russian people as a result.

One of the major reasons that the U.S. is a super-power is because we're multicultural and export all the aspects of our different cultures to other people for entertainment. That's why people want to visit here. That's why people get mad about shyt that we get mad about. Again, Black Americans had black folks in multiple OTHER countries protesting after George Floyd was murdered because we have been able to influence others through cultural exports.

Anyway, this is way off-topic, but I enjoyed your post and wanted to run with that part of it a bit.

Bro, I believe you're very much on topic and you make some excellent points.

As you said, the fact that the US is multicultural makes us a stronger nation - stronger than anyone else. Many of our advancements come from the fact that we have some of the best minds from all over the planet all right here in one big melting point.

Again we have our issues but the possibilities here in America are truly endless. That's one of Bidens main talking points when he brings up that he's spent the most time with Xi Jinping than any other American leader and during one convo, Xi asked him to define America with one word. Biden answered "possibilities".

I believe this is why other nations will never be able to match us, unless they are also willing to become multicultural nations. We will always have them beat because as you said, we both import and export ideas. We are not overly nationalistic where we look down on ideas that are not our own. We welcome ideas from anyone, from everywhere. And we take those ideas and build on them.

The world is literally walking in lockstep with America. Even our enemies want to be us, quiet as it's kept. They want access to us, to what we have.

America has truly left a lasting example on the world, that other nations aspire to be America on our worst day, because on our worst day, we are still better than them on their best.

Any other nation, what happened on January 6th overthrows the government. Here, we have so many checks and balances in place that while it came close, it didn't happen.

What makes the US sick will take another country up on outta here. On our worst day, we still have freedom of the press, a military that refuses to get involved in domestic politics, and a congress and even Supreme Court (a Supreme Court that has folks who were appointed for the express purpose of backing an electoral challenge at that) that will still do their part to uphold the constitution of the US.

Daps
That’s what we know…

but to him… we are coming to destroy him

that’s the problem with dealing with the mentally ill

That's why Biden has been deeply transparent at all points in time. I read an article this morning that said he is leaving no room for Putin to misinterpret his intentions. He has been open and honest and transparent from the beginning of this thing. Putin has no reason to believe that Biden wants Russia off the map.

Daps
What’s your educational stats? You a smart nikka

Advanced degree, but more importantly than that, I enjoy reading and my job puts me in contact with people from all over the globe, so they tell me how it really is and I can get a better picture of the day-to-day in other parts of the world.

And I appreciate HL because there are a lot of people here who have knowledge and perspective that I can take in and learn more from as well.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I think people forget about the geography of Taiwan..a successful amphibious invasion (which I highly doubt China has the appetite for) is next to impossible. Strait of Taiwan is 180km wide, that's a lot of time in the ocean as sitting ducks, Taiwanese F-16's would eat.

Even then their economies are too interwoven for there to be a hot war. China views Taiwan as a breakaway province who made an incorrect decision, but that's still their fam.

it's like the drunk uncle in your family, you know they're lame, you feel ashamed, but you love 'em the same
Yeah. It’s on par with D Day and China would have to prove capable of that.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
All of the EU and NATO lookin at russia like “oh these nikkas are food, all those years pump fakin like they were OGs and come to find out these clowns some pussies” They ain’t scared of them mofos no more

everybody want to get their lumps in on Russia.
this could get ugly.

Great post. Jumping off, they're going to struggle with that. They're a monoculture within an authoritarian government framework.

The reason that the United States has so much influence is that we can export culture all day, every day. Creators make what they want, it gets hot here, other people want in on it.

Black Americans have a worldwide influence that is far, far beyond our numbers because we influence so much of American culture, and it gets exported, as one example.

China doesn't have that and can't get it because they're suppressing their minorities, they're basically influencing a very specific idea of Chinese art, and no one gives a fukk about the CCP's ideas of art. That's why all these Confucian schools they're setting up in Africa aren't getting traction and why Belt and Road works much better. They can entrap poorer countries economically, but they have almost ZERO cultural soft power. You can't be a true world power with ZERO cultural soft power.

They should be ashamed that a tiny country on the tip of a peninsula like South Korea has exponentially more soft power than they do. Even though South Korea is basically monocultural, they have a free market of ideas and can therefore import culture from other places, put their own spin on it, and then export it back out.

To bring it back to Russia, this is one of the reasons the USSR failed, among many. You can't have an authoritarian state with rigid controls on art and culture that makes friends. No one is out here watching Russian soap operas and feeling kinship with the Russian people as a result.

One of the major reasons that the U.S. is a super-power is because we're multicultural and export all the aspects of our different cultures to other people for entertainment. That's why people want to visit here. That's why people get mad about shyt that we get mad about. Again, Black Americans had black folks in multiple OTHER countries protesting after George Floyd was murdered because we have been able to influence others through cultural exports.

Anyway, this is way off-topic, but I enjoyed your post and wanted to run with that part of it a bit.

you should post more.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
That's why Biden has been deeply transparent at all points in time. I read an article this morning that said he is leaving no room for Putin to misinterpret his intentions. He has been open and honest and transparent from the beginning of this thing. Putin has no reason to believe that Biden wants Russia off the map.
I'm not disagreeing with you

But I've been saying since the beginning that this is a horrible situation overall... Russia wins or he's backed into a corner and comes out blasting like Frank Reynolds

tenor.gif

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
Bro, I believe you're very much on topic and you make some excellent points.

As you said, the fact that the US is multicultural makes us a stronger nation - stronger than anyone else. Many of our advancements come from the fact that we have some of the best minds from all over the planet all right here in one big melting point.

Again we have our issues but the possibilities here in America are truly endless. That's one of Bidens main talking points when he brings up that he's spent the most time with Xi Jinping than any other American leader and during one convo, Xi asked him to define America with one word. Biden answered "possibilities".

I believe this is why other nations will never be able to match us, unless they are also willing to become multicultural nations. We will always have them beat because as you said, we both import and export ideas. We are not overly nationalistic where we look down on ideas that are not our own. We welcome ideas from anyone, from everywhere. And we take those ideas and build on them.

The world is literally walking in lockstep with America. Even our enemies want to be us, quiet as it's kept. They want access to us, to what we have.

America has truly left a lasting example on the world, that other nations aspire to be America on our worst day, because on our worst day, we are still better than them on their best.

Any other nation, what happened on January 6th overthrows the government. Here, we have so many checks and balances in place that while it came close, it didn't happen.

What makes the US sick will take another country up on outta here. On our worst day, we still have freedom of the press, a military that refuses to get involved in domestic politics, and a congress and even Supreme Court (a Supreme Court that has folks who were appointed for the express purpose of backing an electoral challenge at that) that will still do their part to uphold the constitution of the US.
Every day more and more Americans are leaving the country to reroot elsewhere. That brother has a good point, but within last 20 years, the world has relaxed Visa requirements for Americans with $$$ to, not just visit, but to live in their countries. Although it's in its earliest of stages, the worldwide American Exodus is real.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Excellent post bro